GAG'ers, looking 5 to 10 years in the future, what are your private and professional ambitions?

You can choose freely if you like to do a little "wishful thinking" and talk about where you dream to be in 5 years time... or just consider realistically where you'd like to stand than.

For myself: I'd love to have learnt to know a nice girl and have started a life with her.
Professionally I hope my job remains as exciting as it is today!

Most Helpful Girl

• Professionally I want to be happy. A stable good job that I enjoy, I don't even care if I'm bottom of the rung.

Personally, I hope to have my own house and be living with my partner. I would like to be engaged if not married and starting/started a family.

• It's with a very warm feeling of friendship that I tell you: thumbs up! You deserve to get into a happier period in your life :D

• Thanks for MH!

• Always welcome :-)
      And I hope it will soon come true!

What Girls Said 8

• I just want the road to be my home.. I want to travel as much as I can, getting to know new peeps everyday. Hopefully, in 5 years time, I'd already travelled to some parts of USA/Europe (that's my main goal now, saving up for it), Asia is already ticked off the list.

By 22, I hope I would have already graduated university by then and work as what I've always wanted to be. I don't know if I could, 5 years seems like a long period of time but it could pass pree quickly if you didn't grab the chances.

—————————————————————————

By 27, I would hope that I've had a kid at least by then. This again, is rather uncertain. But hey, no harm having some wishful thinking right. xD Thinking back, most of my aunts and cousins married pree young and by the age of 30, quite a lot of them already have two or three kids. Sucks to be the one to break the tradition eh

And.. probably just work, to get the job and work as what I've always wanted to be is definitely my greatest dream of all! 😊

• Oh wow, that sounds great :D
      We'll speak in 5 and in 10 years! Hopefully in Europe, that means you've ticked that box!

• 5 years sounds ideal to me! If we're both on GAG at that time, we'll definitely catch up then. 😄 these two (Europe and USA) requires loads of money to even travel there 😅 been saving up for years just for next year's trip to Cali ahah 😅

• Enjoy that one :D

• Uh, I'm having to so this right now for my course, I hate having to professionally and personally evaluate my life goals and plans... I'm not a planner!

I would have hoped I would have figured out of I want a baby by then, because time is running out on that one! I'm getting old...

• Oh dear... to my standards (40 since August...) you're a baby, not old :D
      You know, I've learned for myself that planning helps me keep the stress levels low.
      My to do list - which allows me to know what I need to plan on doing in the coming days - gives me a feeling of being in control.
      I get very nervous when a situation overcomes me :o

• Well for us women we have a bit more of a time limit on such things, after mid thirties you can get many issues with having a first child than if you were younger... uh... decisions decisions!

• Yeah and they're really important decisions... let's hope your child wish comes true :D

• In five years I'd like to have my place totally payed off, and be in a job i really like. I'd be thinking about investing and developing a portfolio, and have become really skilled in aerial performance. Hopefully i will have traveled around Asia already and be planning a trip to the States and Canada. I'd like to be in a fun and loving relationship too.

• Oh wow, that's a list of ambitions :D
      You'll be a girl who has seen and done it all than!

• The Asia trip is 100% happening, luckily it isn't too expensive. And as for the rest only time will tell. I like your list as well, hopefully you'll find her soon:)

• Thanks! :D

• I think I want to write a book on religion or at least have most of my book written. I want to be doing my graduate degree in school and maybe getting involved in ministry or in a relationship. Maybe pick up a language and go to another country.

• Nice plans :D
      If the language would happen to be French or German, you can have a chat with me... in Dutch as well but that seems a less likely option :o there are only about 25 million Dutch speaking people in the world.
      The writing thing you'll one day realize... you talked quite often about it so I can feel it's like a real goal of yours. Book club included :D

• Hopefully, moved out into the cutest little house but not paying rent, have a mortgage and a full time job, preferably working with animals. I would decorate my house all lovely and take pride in it. I might make a Youtube channel which could bring in some money (people love my accent and I'm getting more confident behind the camera). I would hopefully get a Great Dane and English Bull Terrier. I would enjoy my solidarity with the dogs and my computer and cute little house. Then if I find a guy, he could move in (unless he's untidy) and pay rent which will help with my mortgage. Even if he's rich, I wouldn't leave my little house and potentially trap myself financially with the guy in his house.
    Then save up money to go on holiday (I never go on holiday or go abroad so I'll be pooping it) or just get a nicer car.

Those are the main goals tbh.

• Oh wow, an ambitious list Hannah... hope that the house & guy wishes may soon become true :D

• hopefully i would have moved somewhere else.. and hopefully i'll have a good job..

• 5 years:
    short term - international travel, many quality date options, move to a different city, have my business up and running
    long term - a family of my own, my business on the up and up

• id like to be a sex worker

• Oh my goodness... do you need the money? I guess it takes courage to start doing that, and one would really need to be in trouble :o :o

What Guys Said 5

• I'd like to own my own tech company, my private ambitions are to expand and create a program with homeless shelters to try and get people off the streets and educate them.

I've actually put years of thought into it, have blueprints set out and everything. It's a lofty idea, but hey, you gotta dream big.

• I really really hope you can accomplish that first goal, it's more than worth it :D
      Especially the education thing is really a long term solution. This sounds great as a goal!

• Right now I'm studying chemistry in university, So I would like to be a chemist working in a lab, or pharmaceutical company.

• Career : I am supposed to be studying Nuclear medicine.
    Myself : No , i dont want a girl in my life for the next 10 years.

• i want to be a script writer. i will follow that dream and im sure that i will achieve it soon.💪

• More money and more money.

• Hahaha do you have plan? Don't say "rob a bank" or "print money" okay haha 8)