What did you accomplish at age 16?

It can be anything that you think is considered an "accomplishment".

I'm asking this because I just turned 16 three days ago. Lol :-)

but yeah this question is all about you.

do you remember having successfully done something at my age? or were you just chillin' ?

feel free to rant about yourself or list more than one accomplishment.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was rising through the ranks of my dojo and became one of the strongest and respected students of my class, went on to go into the advance classes for adults and advanced fighters, and was regularly doing championships.

I was also getting starting to get into literature, poetry and writing more and studying a wide variety of subjects.

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG happy belated birthday!!! 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

i got my driver's licence [learners]
    i finally got the courage to cut off some toxic people in my life.
    it was then that i realised i wanted to stop caring what people thought of me.

yeah i guess theyre the main ones. nothing too major, just a few personality adjustments.

What Guys Said 28

• I was working toward my goals in life, i. e. getting into college. Other than getting a driver's license, I was studying. I can tell you I've accomplished a lot since then, but that's not the question, and I don't want to sound pretentious.

• Let's see... When I turned 16 I guess I'd still be a sophomore in high school. That'd be about the time I...
    --Joined cross country (I had never done it before either so it was hard but rewarding). I think I got an award for team spirit in it if I recall xD
    --Joined jazz band on drums/ relearned clarinet/ got obsessed with teaching myself drums
    --Was working on getting my license.
    --Won school talent show with friend.
    --I gained some levels in Yahoo Answers (I was big into it at the time 😅)

Sophomore year in high school was where I actually reached out and opened up slightly. I knew basically no one Freshman year in high school and stayed silent the entire year. People thought I had transferred in sophomore year when I started popping up in various clubs since they had never seen me before lol. If I am shy now, I was extremely shy freshman year.

And that's about all I got for ranting :D

• I'm a junior rn since my birthday's a bit late :3 but yeah I just joined a jazz band too as a lead vocalist & sometimes i sub for the bassist

• That, and the fact that my pass rate for peer pressuring people had always been 0%

• Ahh now you are going into the guilt trip territory by making me feel bad for you 0% pass rate haha jk xD

• At 16 I had been on the state championship team in physical fitness two years in a row. It was sponsored by the Marine Corp, doing things like push ups, pull ups, etc. It was the top 6 people from each school who competed at the state competition.

Hmmm

Had been to at least 42-45 states plus most of southern Canada.

Went on a century ride. That's a 100+ miles bicycle ride. It was a timed ride, but not a race.

I had kissed a girl. That was a nice accomplishment :)

Had the school record for most take-downs and most escapes in wrestling (for that year, not the all time record)

Unofficially tied the girl who was state champion in a math competition.

• I just remember I was studying my ass off for the university entrance exams and school exams, because that's the norm in Indian schools. The pressure to get into a good college and getting good grades increases from 11th class (I am not sure about the American school system equivalent but it's the 2nd last year of high school).
    As for accomplishments at 16... nothing really. xD

• Steady asking the my teachers for extra credit :I my grades came back from far though and I passed when everyone was like "haa get ready for summer school" I was like "nah bruh" :P

• Sports all sports and Winning""""

• I was a freshman in college and already working.

• I finished grade 11 and got my g2 drivers license.

• Probably lots of various types of booze... many cigarette brands, weed varieties... seen a lot of my friends house's since we always had parties there lol

Hum that's about it I think

• Haha that was me last year and over the summer , .-. Currently ditching all that tho year... Too much due dates to even chill

• I was quite lost at sixteen.

I think my best accomplishment was taking flying lessons.

• FLYING LESSONS?

• Yes. I also started ground school. I guess you could say that was an accomplishment, but I didn't complete it until I was 17 (almost 18)

• I got my permit and lost over 70 lbs from wrestling.

• I don't remember, it was 10 years ago.

• i probably finished every game i had about the 10th time over. not much but it was to me

• I'm not 16 yet, but I like to think I've accomplished a lot. I've never missed school in my life, I've never gotten a D in any class, and I play basketball and football for my hs team. I still don't have a learned permit yet though lol

• I began to realize that the world operates on the Social Game however if don't want to play, if you don't want to be encumbered by suffering, then you don't have to. Peace, Serenity, Truth, Virtue, Happiness. These things exist in the pursuit of knowledge and temperance. And once you realize you are no better than anyone else and that no one else is any better than you, you begin to break down the confines of this world and seek something greater.

• I got graduation picture taken when i was thinner, it took long time cause i been a victim of bullying and made fun of

• When I was 16 I got my drivers permit, had a girlfriend, and became president of a club at HIgh school
    Oh and I got my first on the books job at a country club 😄

It was probably the best year for me so far tbh 😊

• Hmm I was already the impressive man standing before you now.

• I had my learners permit
    I was on my school's quiz bowl team
    I was into History and planning for college

• One of the top ten students in the class, vice president in a club, stopped being an emo, high school graduate, passed the college entrance exam and not having a girlfriend.

• ehm, I don't think I accomplished anything noteworthy lol :(

• Acquired Drivers licence and began restoration of a 1952 Jeep. It was completed at age 21

• I was emancipated at 16 and had my own apartment, job and car.

• I cut off that retarded mohawk I had from ages 14-15

• So far nothing.

• the prison

• So why's it say you're 17?

I hardly remember 16. I didn't get my license until I was 18 though. I didn't like driving but eventually I knew I had to learn so I got it at 18. I didn't really do anything at 16. For me the important ages of my teen years were 13, 14, 17, and 18. Yeah that's pretty much your teen years but nothing happened for me at 16 and 19

• Became junior champion in boxing in Sweden at age 14 on my way to the olympics.
    I guess my biggest accomplishment was simply surviving the crazy teenage years.

What Girls Said 11

• Happy birthday!

At 16, not much lol. I had just gotten admitted into a university for the summer of 08, I think that's it. Read some great books that year 😍

• Happy belated birthday! 😊😊

The only thing I could think of right now is that I got my driver's license, and I passed my cello exam. Oh and I travelled alone to Japan last summer if that counts. Also, I finally ticked Asia off my travel list, so its one continent down and a few more to go – hopefully next one is America and Europe..

• Congratulations!

Well, I think languages are my only accomplishment.

I speak Spanish and English lol I'm learning French and I'll finish the third level in 3 months, before turning 17.

I've read around 40 books (I want o read 100 before turning 18)

When I was 12 I had a 106 IQ, now it's 108 so I think that's an accomplishment hahaha

I drove for the first time a manual car at 8. I gotta get my driver license soon.

I worked in a restaurant one year ago and I think it's an accomplishment to know how to bring money to your pockets.

I came out. It was a HUGE step for me. It's never easy to admit it even if everyone knows. It was hard to talk about it with my parents.

I'll get a six pack in 3 months! It is a fucking promise.

I got drunk for the first time without throwing up XD

I'm writing a book lol I have 20 pages but it's something XD

This year I helped lot of my friends to go out of bad times.

This year I learned so much about myself, I got to know me. Now I study online and I have no classmates so I have time to think about me.

I've learned so much about music and films. I have lot of free time and I'm exploring new stuff.

I've learned to accept my sexually and don't me ashamed of it. Now I accept my body and I love myself.

I bungee jumped. It was my goal and I achieved it the last year.

I've learned to share. My dad had a baby and she's my step sister, I've learned to share my dad's love for the first time.

I think that's pretty much all. I'm just an ordinary girl. I wish I could have a longer list but this is it.

• Oh, I forgot lol I sang for the first time in front of my classmates, it was a talent show and I won.

I'm a virgin and it has been difficult because all my friends put some pressure on me.

Now I know who are my "true friends" and who are the fake bitches.

I'm capable of saying "no" and decide by myself.

• First, happy belated birthday!
    - When I was 15 I got my horse and it didn't trust me at all, he was kinda traumatised I don't know exactly why but after a year (so when I was 16) our relationship was the best haha, I count that as an accomplishment cuz I got to gain my horse's trust hehe
    - Did a horse trip on very tropical places for a few days, which was awesome and took a lot of dedication to train the horses for that as the weather was very hot and the distances were very long, so it was an accomplishment for me to see that my horse did great after weeks of training with him
    - Did my first dance solo and received a great response from the audience
    - My school grades were better as I was planning to go to university somewhere overseas
    - Started to work as a volunteer with kids that suffered from cancer which felt really good.

• i lost 20kgs

• I didn't have sex. That was a personal accomplishment.

#prudelifechoseme

• when i was 16 i ran the run or dye 5k
    was working on getting my license
    started and finished my junior year of high school
    i was talking to colleges
    met my real friends

• almost forgot i went to regionals for cooking but i later realized cooking was not what i wanted to do with my life

• happy belated birthday girly!!! <3

and I started college at age 16 :)

• Well done!

• Woah that's really something0.0

I'm gonna start college at 17 since my birthday comes later than everyone else's in my batch.

& thank you !

• I could finally drink without blacking out

• I passed my exams! :p
    Hope you had a good birthday! :D

• I'm not 16 yet but, in 2 more years, I will be :) Can't wait to see what I accomplish! :D