Do you Donate Blood?

... ... or would you consider donating your organs when you die?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't donate blood. Probably will give my organs up once dead.

Most Helpful Girl

• I donate blood regularly, and I'm in the bone marrow donor registry, in case I match with anyone who needs a transplant. I'm also registered as an organ donor.

What Guys Said 9

• Nope I don't donate blood, but I'll happily give my organs to ___ when I die though since they'll be nice and clean for the next person... ya know because drug-alcohol free ^_^

i1127.photobucket.com/.../Death%20Bunnies%203.gif (that's a lot of blood LOL)

• Both! I have donated blood several times, and I would most certainly donate me organs when I die.

• No I can't have my body opened up like that and won't. as for the blood thing my sugar levels are to high

• People can do whatever they want with my body when I'm done with it, and I would donate blood but I get very faint when it comes to the process.

Which is strange because I can do shots without a problem, and I scrape and cut myself working from time to time without issue, but the needle for drawing blood get's to me for some reason.

• I don't. I'm AB+, so there isn't much being lost by that anyways.

Listed as an organ donor.

• Donating blood yes, organs I'm not sure about. I keep thinking that if an ambulance crew sees a donor card while I'm on the verge of dying they might say screw it and start looking for parts.

• No and no.

• i'd donate mines , whats the point im dead anyways

• I didn't donate my blood but i will do...

What Girls Said 13

• I'd like to donate blood since I am O+ ~^-^
    I wanted to do that when I was a teen, but my mother didn't let me.
    I mean why? They will test you to see if it is too dangerous for you to donate, but mothers! xD

But I think now I will donate as soon as I find a chance.

• A few years ago I needed a blood transfusion. I wish I could donate blood but 1) I am under 110 pounds 2) I have a chronic illness 3) I don't want to become anemic again and 4) I pass out easily. I encourage you all to donate though! It is so important!

• I don'y weigh enough to donate blood right now -___-
    I am a donor though so when i go i hope my organs will be able to be used (:

• I gave up trying to donate blood, every time I go i'm turned down. I had a low grade fever multiple times I went, my pulse was too fast and another time my iron was way too low.

I am donating my organs when I die though.

• I donate blood because I like passing out jk

I do it for the free food

And I'm an organ donor because it's cheaper

• I can't sign up for neither before Im 18, but by then I will absolutely donate blood, and my organs they can of course have too.

• I donate blood, and decided to donate my organs too.

• I can't donate blood because im anemic or else I definitely would. As far as donating organs goes, that's not happening. Someone once told me, in order for them to take your heart, that means it has to be in your body beating. They take your beating heart out of your body. That means you are alive. I have heard during such procedures your body will flinch away from the knife, you will swat the doctor and you will even be breathing. I don't care if im braindead, no one is pulling my heart from my very live body. by the way, there are even instances where people who are braindead wake up during the operation of removal of the heart or kidneys. So am I an organ donor? NO

• A friends son was kept alive to donate Organs. The person's organs are taken as soon as they have died. My friends son's life support was switched off, they only kept him alive as long , so his organs could be removed. He was pronounced clinically dead before removing them. The person is not still alive! They need to be removed within a certain amount of time after death.

• Yeah, I can assure you that none of that is true. They require organ removal to happen within a certain amount of time after death, but they don't take hearts out of living people.

• Yea, they don't snap organs out of your living body..

• Nope I don't. I am not sure about donating my organs but I might change my stance in the future.

• I do donate blood and already have an organ donor card!

• I don't donate blood but I am a registered organ donor.

• I would only give my organs for family.

• I donate blood every 8 weeks or so