What do you think of the name Destiny?

A lot of people claim that Destiny is a "stripper" name and is white trash. I don't really agree.. but what do you think of when you hear the name Destiny?

1320

Most Helpful Guy

• I find that name really cute and feminine! I don't know what relation the name has to 'stripper' or whatever.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 19

• Honestly?

Thats the single most ghetto and basic name in the English language right next to ''Precious'' and ''Special''.

If you call your kid that, They are either going to grow up to be a pornstar, stripper, drug dealer, or just that one whore sitting in the corner of the room when drug deals go down.

Its a very terrible white trash name.

Infact, Its not even a name, ''Lucy'' is a name, ''Emily'' is a name, ''Destiny'' is not. Its just a random word with a meaning,

Just because i call my kid PeanutButter dosen't make it a viable name ya know? xD

Eugh, Such a horrible name.

• Wow, my name it Destiny if you haven't noticed. I feel that it's the most stupid thing to base someone's future on a name they did not choose.

• Im not saying thats 100% what they are going to grow up to be, Im just saying, a lot of people who DO grow up like that have names like Destiny and stuff. Hence why the stereotype exists. (There is always some truth behind a stereotype).

I mean, Shit, You could always change your name in the future i guess.

Personally if i was a girl, and my parents called me ''Destiny'', As soon as i could i would change it. No offence to yourself, I'm sure your a lovely person and everything, But i really have a.. '''ew'' with that name :/.

Eh, Each to their own i guess, All the best.

• I understand where you're coming from. I love my name though (: thanks for your opinion!! I'm not going to say you're wrong because you're right, everyone has their own.

• It is typically used for strippers cause of the meaning, but I do like it, sounds cute and like another guy said, feminine.

• It's about on par with all the other names that parents today try to name their children, attempting to give their kid a more unique sounding name than something traditional like John, Sarah, etc.

It unfortunately does sound like the name a stripper would pick as a stage name, though. I once had a female coworker who's name was Diamond and I joked with another female coworker friend of mine "Jeez, I wonder what her stripper name would be... Jane?"

• Ok honestly... yeah I think of a stripper/pornstar

• Hooker name 4 sure, be careful not to name your child something like that just because you find it fancy.

• Porn star.

• I mean, it is a common stripper name (like, the girl chooses that name), but I wouldn't assume you were one if that were your name. Knowing how others look at it, however, I wouldn't name my daughter that.

• its ok I guess but to me is still sounds like a stripper name

• It sounds a bit cheap at first but really it's a very strong name and I think it's great! I could definitely imagine loving someone called "destiny" and saying her name, that woud be awesome lol

• It sounds like the video games 😂 I don't know a weird name yet not bad

• destiny is a meaningfull name

• Not a huge fan of the name. Go with Paige or something fun. Or Amy, what?

• White trash stripper living in a trailer park handing out hand jobs to pay the bills

• i like the name. plus i like the game too, but Destiny sounds nice

• I love that name!!!

• This is only name...(not important so much)😒

• You don't by chance live in the state of ohio, do you? I'll get to why I'm asking in a second, I just want to know

• Its in the dictionary, so its not a "proper" name.

But I don't think it's a "stripper" name per se.

What Girls Said 12

• I said the same thing to my sister before she named my niece that but now my niece is such a sweet angel that I could never think anything like that about her lol

• I don't like it. First thing I thought of was stripper name :/ But meh, it's not totally awful, I guess.

• I think it's pathetic to name a child that...
    what's the next child going to be named? Future?

sometimes it seems like people think of children like little pets and try to be "original" by naming them stupid names like seven and apple

• I think that's a dumb thing for people to say

• It reminds of the video game, it doesn't sound bad or good to me.

• It reminds me of Miley Cyrus 😳

• Destiny is not a stripper name. I like it.

• It's a beautiful name

• I think it reminds me of the video game

• It's a horrible name.

• My name is Destiny and I love it I don't care how others feel because I'm not white trash or a stripper I just feel bad for the people who want to make snap decisions on a person based on a name they got before they because the person they are today

• When I hear the name Destiny, I think of one of my good friends, also I think it's a nice name too 😊 I don't think anything negative about it.