Does being chivalrious mean being a self-degrading ass-kisser for women these days?

Chivalry usually applies to only men being generous to women. I don't mind doing some chilvalrious things for women but at the same time, I hate it when some women treat me like a doormat (whether it's verbally or phyically trying to harm me).

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• hell no. look at the losers saying yes lol. they have no idea.

i think a man should be smart enough to be able to tell which women are worth being chivalrous for. if he is mistaken, his own judgement is really to blame if I'm being honest. it's not that hard to figure out which woman is gonna use u, and which is prepared to give as much as she takes.

• It's not that simple, guys can pick the wrong ones just like women can.

• obviously. this is why we make mistakes. the difference is a man who actually learns from them or a man who makes 1 mistake and gives up on all women. @northeast106

• @justbanAnnaz True.

Most Helpful Guy

• -shakes head- you people sersiouly need to educate yourselfs on the code of chivalry.

What Girls Said 3

• It means being the kind on man who might make my heart skip a beat.

• Some women want to be treated like the queen, to put it simply they're high maintenance stuck up bitches. Steer clear ahaha. No being chivalrous doesn't mean you have to go to extremes to please a girl, for me its the little things that count :)

• Chivalry is outdated in my opinion. When guys try to be chivalrous it comes from a good place, but the concept of it is sexist. We should all just be nice to one another regardless of gender

What Guys Said 7

• Nope, but those who you make look or feel bad won't hesitate to try and put ya down. Be nice but you gotta be checking those girls who take ya for weak though cause you didn't have to go outta your way.

• It means being a warrior yet, taking care of your woman

I think people who try and claim "Chivalry" as a justification for their kiss ass ways

• No.

I consider myself chivalrous. But if said person makes me feel doormat-ish, then I think "fuck helping that prick again," and continue to assist others who appreciate it.

• Chivalry is not submission, you don't have to be nice to people all of the time no matter what.

• Being chivalrous doesn't mean that but more often than not, that is what is expected.

• Chivalry takes both a lady and a gentleman, modern time hoes seem to forget that.

• I equate being chivalrous with being considerate and respectful. That doesn't mean I'm a chump or a doormat.