What advice would you give your younger self?

Oh, to have known then what we know now. What's some advice on a life best lived?

Most Helpful Guy

• Be confident and take your chances when you can. Cause if you don't, someone else will take it from you.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• "Be your biggest cheerleader." - Jad T Jones

I just wrote a myTake on this.

I've always been really hard on myself and lacking of confidence. I wish I had just been more encouraging and positive about myself rather than always bashing, criticizing, and insulting myself and made myself feel like shit.

• You are only 17! You have your whole life in front of you. At least you are in a good place now :) that will serve you will into the future.

• I love Jad T. Jones. One of the best people that can hand you life advice online. :).

• @Roadcruiser1

Definitely. He is one of the best life coaches ever. Check out myTakes in my profile and you'll see that I recently wrote one up on this very idea in this opinion and featured that video of his.

• Keep a sense of humor

• Your stupidity, and your actions blind you from the actions of the real World, and unless if you wake up life will just slide past you like a hot knife through butter, :/.

• take care of your friends...

• Don't hesitate , there is not much time left. I have only one regret and that is because I hesitated :/

• -Read the book "The Four Agreements"

• money can't buy times

• Stay off the god damn computer.

• don't watch adam sandler's jack & jill movie

• Invest in Apple, Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway.

What Girls Said 10

• Advice I'd tell my teenage self:
    -Be patient and kind to your parents, you won't know how special or right they are until you realize you might lose them.
    -Take every opportunity that comes to you seriously. It may never come again.
    -Your body is sacred, take care of it and try harder on appearance because usually the process involves good health.
    -Don't just rely on the pediatrician prescribed medication for acne... go to the dermatologist.
    -Wear sunblock in the sun or your future self will curse you for the sun damage.
    -Don't be intimidated by the popular crowds, be proud of the friends you have and make sure to spend regular time with them outside of school as well.
    -Explore more earlier in college. Best time to learn about yourself.
    -When it's time for you to study, study your hardest and get it out of the way. Procrastination will be your worst enemy. Don't stop dreaming, but make sure to do as well.
    -Stay in touch with your high school and college friends better. The good times don't have to end as those education chapters in your life close.

• The best advice I could give myself would be... a winning lottery number from the future xD
    also, the blueprints and models for the iPhone and i7 cores :)
    oh, and i'd advise myself not to date that one guy, I guess

• "Hold onto him. He's verrrry special and you won't find anyone quite like him ever again."

• To not work so much and spend more time doing things that you enjoy and with the people you care about.

I missed so many moments and so much time with the people I love because of working.

It's a difficult situation because I grew up extremely poor, so I wanted to work a lot so myself and my the people I care about could have nicer things but it's something I always regret.

• Life is full of trade offs. I work a lot now and am continue to invest in my education but one day I will not have to work or study so much and can really enjoy life with those I care about most. I think part of it is about setting up a good life for myself and my family. But it's important to keep a healthy work/life balance afterwards. Cherish your relationships and treat every moment together like it could be your last. That's what I've learned. Thanks for sharing!

• I love this question, I like reading the responses :)

• Don't let stress and fear guide your life, always be positive, crying and pessimism won't get you anywhere.
    Sometimes letting go hurts less than holding on.

• Get over that immature idiot. The perfect guy is your best friend.

• "Just don't give up, no matter what people say. You'd regret it, I swear. No pain no glory."

• Have a little discretion.

• buy league of legends beta key and go to pax to see leagues first pax event

• Hang in there, be more chilled + nicer to people, let things go more, don't try to go blonde (but if you do anyway DON'T let your Mum dye your hair for you), keep working hard at school, *teaches skincare routine*, *teaches how not to dress like binbag*

For me last year: Just take a goddamn selfie, don't try skyping