Am I the only young guy who wants to have kids?

I've never thought I'd want kids to be hoenst. I'm 22 now and have been in one serious relationship and experienced real love. Didn't work out but oh well.. still young. Looking back on my childhood it was pretty chitty and my parents weren't there for me. I'd love to bring up a little young one and give him the childhood I never got. How badass would it be to wake up next to a beautiful wife.. have amazing sex everyday. Go to your bada$$ career and then come home to a little you waiting at the door. Sounds cheesey as fck i know but it honestly sounds much better than my age of partying and getting drunk/hooking up. Want a bada$$ women that supports me and helps me progress in life and in my career.. not a university sloot that gives head to every frat on campus.

If you would of known me in high school I was the opposite lol. Funny how things change.

• Fck yeah.. 100% agree
  • Dude.. go hook up and forget marriage and kids

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like the life I want!
    I completely understand! Here at college, none of the girls I meet seem to be good "wife" material, and all the guys want to do is hook up (most guys)

So all that makes is girls being sloots at frats like you mentioned

I want to find a good girl, who will support me, while I take care of her too!

• Yeah man it's hard. Don't get me wrong I slept around and hooked up and it was fun.. I just want something more than that now. You're 19 you might want to wait till senior year to start looking for wifey material though.

• It's fun but played out
      I do that every weekend and I am tired of it tbh
      I just want one girl to chill with at this point

But thanks for the insight! A lot of guys share this dream and many women still want to be pet of it

What Girls Said 20

• While I respect your eagerness to have kids, I hope that you realize that marriage and family is not always so wonderful. There are many tough days, especially when you have a newborn at home and a wife who is desperately trying to make it all work.

It can be overwhelming, especially in the first few months. Not to mention when you have 2 under 2 it's even more nerve wracking. I don't have kids, but my best friend does and this is what she is going through right now.

A lot of people want marriage and kids, I definitely do. But I am also scared and keep teetering back and forth on whether it's actually worth it. It's not that I don't want kids, I'm more afraid of the guy not caring or wanting to help out. I know for my own sanity I need someone to help me. I can't raise kids on my own. I will go insane or have even worse anxiety than I already do.

You need to be ready for the real tough parts too. Some days your kid does not want to cooperate, they will cry, throw things, say they hate you, or refuse to eat. You have to be ready to come home to a wife that is in tears because she can't get her baby to go to sleep and the baby won't stop crying. You have to be prepared for the sick baby who stays up all night or the baby you have to run to emerg because they are running a high fever, even though you have already worked all day and then have now been up all night and have to go into work.

There's so many things. I'm not saying this to discourage you, I think wanting a family is great. But you have to also realize it's tough work. Make sure you are truly ready and prepared for this. So many people think it's going to be easy and idealistic, but then they are faced with the reality, it's not what they expected.

Also, sex everyday, well if you do you're lucky! Especially after the birth of a baby, baby usually comes first. Also, there will be some times when your wife and you are too tired to have sex, or your wife is unable too because she just gave birth.

If after reading this you still want kids, then congratulations! I don't think you're the only guy, but it's definitely hard to find guys now a days who do want kids.

• Yes girl you couldn't have said it MORE clearly. You are speaking the truth guys only see the so call " happy" moments. Well the mom is home dealing with the kids all day.

• Unfortunately, my darling, you may find that marriage doesn't quite measure up to your fantasy. Having amazing sex every day (especially with young children) is unrealistic.

• Let us boys dream 😍

• Look for my question on gag in a couple years

"I had a wife and kids! How do I escape to Mexico?" Jk! 😂

• You're not understanding what I'm saying to you: trying your best isn't going to make more hours of sleep happen. That's the number one priority of new parents, after looking after their child. It's really easy to think that everything will be fine and dandy once you get married and have a family (noble goals, I support you) but just remember to lower your expectations. Resentment happens when you don't and that's not pleasant for anyone involved.

• Guys who think like this anon WHERE ARE YOU, I would love to marry a guy who thinks the same way, but I can't find them in my area >:(
    That's the mindset that would make me go pshttt MARRY ME!!!
    38.media.tumblr.com/.../...rbBPCc1slikvlo1_500.gif

• Oh mai gawd! Can guys like you please come to my area? Seriously tho. Guys with this kinda mindset are the best (I'm only saying for me, not all girls lol)! 💙

• From the guys I've spoken to, that's very normal. In fact its more comin for guys to want kids than it is girls now, probably because guys don't have to be pregnant or give birth XD I think its sweet haha

• My husband and I are 21 and we want kids ASAP. Right now, money is a little tight with our cat and dog, but once he gets that promotion, we'll be thinking very seriously about having a young'un c:

• I love the way you think and believe me YOU can be a great parent. Even though your parents were shitty with you because i did it. But one thing i will tell you actions speak louder then words. In every Rose there is a thorn. Everything won't always be so happy and great it has its sad and bad times too.

• I am sort of the same, I know I want kids however I can't see myself having any at this time and that's what pushes me to work harder right now to make life comfortable for me and my future little ones, so to answer your question I think you're normal

• That is the type of life my dad always wanted. So he married my mom for her beauty but she wasn't submissive as he thought and quite a nagger, so they have a miserable marriage the way i see it. So you have to look deeper if you want that kind of life.

... and i voted 'A'

• Well the population is growing, so no. However its not as common to have a genuine marriage nowadays. I think everyone (most) should experience love, but its rare to marry the first person you meet.

• The population is growing in AREAS of POVERTY, and in the THIRD WORLD.

• @Mesonfielde Population growth (most countries) worldwide. What part offended you exactly?

• The fact that Western population and Japan have a population that is decreasing, the only thing keeping it the same number is the immigrants. I agree with @Strider90 's views in this regard, considering if maybe the educated and typically more intelligent people stopped thinking that they need to stop breeding to preserve life on the planet, then it wouldn't only be the Middle Eastern regions and the people in poverty who have 6 or more children, while the more civilized societies and first/second world has zero to one at most.

• Marriage is a huge commitment. As much as it's awesome it's also hard work. But I definitely do want it.

• you are the cutest haha... Feel proud about the way you think ;) being different is a good thing

• I know a lot of guys your age who want to fathers one day.

• I sure do hope you are bot the only guy!

• Everyone "matures", for a lack of a better word, at different times. Some people really want to have a family and there's nothing wrong with that. You just need to find a partner on the same page as you. Although I would caution you to maybe think it through: sex everyday with young babies and children in the house? It doesn't happen. You get in when you can find the time lol. That's a quote from my female friend who is 23 with 2 kids already "when we have time".

It's a nice dream and fantasy, and I do think it's great that you do want to give your kid the childhood you never got. I don't like going to clubs or bars, I don't like casual hook-ups either. But kids aren't for me. I do want one partner, to travel the world and have adventures with him, though.

• No you are not the only young guy who wants kids. It's pretty easy for a guy to want kids when he is not carrying the baby for 9 monks and going through labor to give birth. I know young guys who are in serious relationships who have a pregnant girlfriend and are very happy. I think every guy is different but I think it's sad that most men wait until they are in their late 30s to mature and realize they need to stop chasing women and sleeping around

• Not bad nor unusual, but overly idealistic. Wait a few years til you're better equipped to deal with how frustrating real life can be. It's nor personal... many studies show this is why so many young marriages fail.

Your narrative is very selffocused, where wifey and baby are perfect creatures there to fill your emotional, egoic and sexual needs. Life just doesn't work that way - women have needs and wants, kids have their own personality and take a TON of effort and patience, jobs turn out to be stressful or fulfilling, etc.

Keep the dream, but keep working on developing key skills: patience, understanding, pragmatism, resilience, etc.

• You're never be the only person to want anything. Reality check.

• Aww you're cute.
    No you're not the only one. Guys like you are certainly hard to come by but they're out there.

• You are so cute... nothing weird about how you think...

What Guys Said 21

• mh, I agree very much. I'm almost 20 now, and I would not want kids now, but I get the point in wanting to have kids early.. no one lives for ever and you want to be there for them after all and share the best times of your life with them and your wife...

But, it's not easy to find the suitable girl for that, you are being serious after all and you're about to make a very mature decision...

• My father had his first kid at 23. While I admit that my mother certainly did not think this through at 20, because it put her back a bit in education and her aspirations; that doesn't mean it's impossible to manage if you have a real job that supports you both.

• I think there are a quite a few people that think like you. I myself am personally not completely like you in thinking, but again you have half a decade on me and I think I'll probably end up in the same place as you as far as your opinions on this matter are concerned.

Just find like-minded women. Some people still do get married in their early-to-mid twenties, although statistically one should wait until 25 and keep things at the relationship-level until then in most cases.

• " How badass would it be to wake up next to a beautiful wife.. have amazing sex everyday " Having been married , and ask any married man , that won't be reality !! Most marriages are actually sexless or at best sex restricted , ironically , considering how they are produced , children will put an end to regular sex life those are my 2 in the picture , be warned , they are hard work & extremely annoying at times , children will test every milligram of your patience !!

• I definitely want to get married and have kids, it's my biggest dreams, but I don't want to have them for at least another 6 years. :P

• Can you afford children?

• I was gonna say, "yeah, so do i" , then i read through your article and saw "have amazing sex everyday. Go to your bada$$ career". You're nowhere near ready to take care of a child.

• If any of you girls are looking for a man with that mentality go to a christian university or christian mingle. no one better than people who help and cheer the poor.

• People shouldn't have any more kids, the world is over populated we need to let a bunch die first honestly

• You're not the only one. I have the exact same dream, bro and I hope to find it in life! ^-^

• Dude i feel the same! I want 2 sets of twins too! xD

• I will never get Married or have Kids, they are both a nuisance, and cost a lot of money. Maybe i will adopt a Boy for inheritance but that's it.

• Yes 100 times yes

• I'd like to think I'm still young. I still wouldn't mind kids... I think.

• I wanna have kids one day but not now. I'm not ready for it...

• I just want a simple life. Good family, a house, maybe even a car

• Kids are a huge responsibility and financial burden. Unless you plan on living off welfare or never seeing your kids because you have to work 80 hours just to keep them safe I wouldn't suggest kids early.

• don't have kid. humanity too populated for one alien to handle.

• Yes, only you. Use your head man.

• I'm only 17 man and when I'm older I want kids for sure

• I agree. I want kids, but not now. Like when I'm close to 30. Still years ago I didn't even want kids. Probably because I was a kid myself. Still am to a degree.