If you do about 5-6 job applications, what is your chances of landing an interview? Please don't be rude...😒?

The jobs that I applied for were nothing that big, I am a college student just looking for some form of weekly or biweekly income. So they are things like Macy's, petsmart, Target, Meijer, and I did a application at a local Wendy's only because my friend had talked to the hiring manager in advance. But thanks for giving me some insight, highly appreciate it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on your work history/resume and cover letter, if they require a cover letter that is. Your resume can be tailored to look more attractive to different organizations. Depending on where you're applying and where you've been before, you can emphasize different aspects of your previous jobs to demonstrate how they can be more applicable to the jobs you're applying for.

Ultimately though, it depends on how well your resume is formatted and what your competition is. I sent out SO many job applications and I only heard back from a handful. Some were "thanks, but no thanks" emails. One didn't call me until about two months after I applied. One fizzled out.

Most Helpful Girl

• with luck, ur likely to get a job. however, there is a lot of competition going on with jobs. i personally applied to like 50 just so i would get a chance and eventually i found one.

i think if ur really keen, dedicate like 30mins a day applying to 2-3 jobs. imagine, at the end of just 1 week you would have applied to 21 jobs, hugely increasing ur chances of finding something. AND if ur SUPER DUPER lucky, u may even get a call back from multiple companies. =]

What Guys Said 6

• It depends on your application, your resume, your previous experience, etc.

As someone who is out of a self-employed family and has been self-employed most of my time as well, here is a suggestion I always done well with: Your written job-applications usually go under the amount of applications. It is best to either go there personally with your resume or talk to them that you are interested in a job and if you can have a job application.

Personalised contact is always better and more memorable.

• Depends on your resume a lot hell I got emailed by every place I submitted my new resume too and I was able to nit pick the most convenient for me but it's not a great job but it's good for my age, I was expecting to wait a week but it took 1-2 days lol

• well there are a lot of places that especially look for students that won´t stay for ever and be flexible. you have the best chances in call centers or shipping companies from my experience but what you applied for is ok too. if you wrote ok applications you should at least get 2-3 interviews. some don´t even make interviews. they just let you work one day for "free" to check you out and then you´re hired (that´s how it went with my student job)

• Depends on the competition, if you have many competitors then chances are slim but still it's not impossible, i can say 5 are not enough but if it was 10+ then you should think there is something wrong i. e either your resume is not good or you are applying for the wrong type of job

• Depends on what kind of jobs they are. The less specialized and experienced the job requirements, the more times you'll have to apply before getting an interview.

• don't be rude?

ok then... then go figure out answer for self lady...

• Then don't feel the need to comment. There are seven people who gave me some insight, and I say that is definitely enough. But I have a tip for you, Nathand. Maybe remember to use better grammer, next time you feel the need to comment on something?

*An answer
      * for yourself

• what grammar?

me new to earth.

What Girls Said 2

• it all depends on what type of jobs they are.. you should make it clear in the update what you are applying for..

• Not enough

I tried it.

There are some people that applies to 50-100 jobs per week and that has more chance of getting a call compared to 5 applications.