Help!! Animal in my wall?

It just has to be in my bedroom and I just woke up bc I hear intense clawing and chewing and just like something moving around, and its obviously bigger than a rat. I have NO idea what it could be! Possibly a raccoon? But there's not too much of those around here. I'm just really freaked out and scared bc it sounds like its INSIDE my room, and I have thick walls so idek. Who do I call? What do I do? Should I be this worried?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh sorry, that's just me. I'll try to keep it down.

No seriously though, I've had racoons in my attic, and there's squirrels in the walls every year. There's no reason to be scared; it's not an uncommon problem and yet there are virtually no cases of the pests actually burrowing through into the actual interior of the house. They usually get in through a pre-existing breach (which they sometimes make bigger). So unless you've got a big whole in your wall on the inside of your house, you should be fine.

But you should call a pest control company about it. I would ask for a quote and call a few different ones to get a good price. Also look them up on google or yelp or something to make sure they know what they're doing (it's not complicated work, but some people half-ass it).

Note: if you are convinced that it actually is in your room, just close the door, sleep on the couch tonight, and call the next day. There's really not much else you can do unless you're willing to deal with it yourself.

• Lmao. Thank you though , this was super helpful, you seem to know your stuff O_o
      An grrr, I would sleep on the couch but a little someone ik (my dad) is kinda occupying the whole thing, as he does every night, him and that couch... they have a serious connection.

• Well, good luck. And keep in mind that it's most like a squirrel or at worst a raccoon, both of which can get panicked but almost never attack people. The worst problem I've ever had is having my storage boxes chewed through and all my papers eaten. A good pest control company should be able to handle it without much trouble. In the meantime, if you have to stay in your room but are still concerned they might be in there with you, just don't eat in your bed or leave any food out. Again, highly unlikely they could get in there, but if they were, they'd be most interested in food or trash that had food in it. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL i know them feels! scariest thing ever. except here we have possums. I'm guessing ur American because of the racoon thing. i wouldn't really know what it is but definitely call someone to check it out ASAP.

What Guys Said 6

• Tell your parents

• Wellll, its kind of 3:00 a. m so :c

• So? If there's something in your wall they won't care

• They'll just be like "Mehhh wait till' morning" lmao, which i'm probably going to do, but thanks anyways lol

• Don't worry, might just be a hungry man-eating mongoose.

• I'd call the animal rescue or animal control if you think it could be threatening.

• Well I don't know about threatening, but definitely a bother. So i'll try some kind of local animal control thing. Thanks!

• Well I was planning on doing it in the morning >.> ..

• Calling animal control I mean ^ or at least getting my parents to.

• Woaa lool. Was your window open? Try to trap him inside something... do you have some box?

• Well the weird thing is I don't have a window, I have a french door that functions as a door (ofc) and a window. And once ya open it its hard to close, so that hasn't been opened. And since its making loud enough noises to be a good few feet big, i'm wondering how he got in there?
      I would use a box, but trying not to risk tearing my wall apart lol :s

• I'll keep you updated! XD

• So, what was it : D?

• let it eat your dog. it could be hungry.

• It's not an animal, it's a demon. During the night it will take the shape of an evil witch and slowly crawl into your bed. But when you notice it, it will probably be too late...

What Girls Said 1

• It could be a few mice, it doesn't necessarily mean it's big. You could have a massive mouse infestation which means you need to call a pest control service. You shouldn't be worried. A pest control service would sort it out for you.