Do you think the recent news about Volkswagen will tarnish your view on the company and it's cars?

After they lied and equipped millions of cars with inspection cheating software. Do you think maybe other companies like Ford, GM, Fiat etc... might be doing the same thing?

• Yes, it makes me not trust the brand.
  • No, it was just a mistake
  • Don't know/Not sure

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't drive nor do I plan to drive one... but it does say a lot about their honesty and how trusty their cars are. If they need to cheat, then they must suck or have something wrong with them...
    I HOPE other companies don't do it. But they'll never tell...

• They have sucked for years. My stepmom owned a Passat she said it was a shitty car to drive, My grandparents bought a Bug back in the 70's and it ended up to be a lemon. Shows you how trustworthy they really are. Everyone used to joke Fords were bad cars and GM were the most reliable, but Fords have gave us the least trouble

• Yeah, the Camaro and Corvette and the GTO were the best

• Chevy has been the best to me, other than Toyota
      GTO always drained friends' savings, even when pampered
      Vets get stolen, 2 at a time curbside
      Ford F150 also kind to savings but cheap upholstery & shocks

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup that DEFINITELY makes me lose trust in Volkswagen

What Girls Said 4

• Already had plenty of bad family experiences with this junk dealer going back to the 1970's. The ONLY exceptions were the Beetle & the Rabbit... with convertible models being pretty cool
    now don't get me started on the idiot dealership service departments in US

• I voted B even though I believe it wasn't a mistake. It was intentional but I wouldn't let it tarnish my view of Volkswagen. They do make safe cars.

• I certainly wouldn't buy a Volkswagen after all this. Guys who already make millions of dollars a year harmed the environment intentionally to make a few more million dollars a year. Then they got caught and the CEO and all these people said they are sorry. They're sorry they got caught, they didn't care otherwise. I hope the company goes under from all their fines.

Oh and I don't believe other companies did the same thing, because it's so obvious that they would get caught. Regulation of cars is really heavy. You would have to be as dumb as Volkswagen to think you could get away with this.

• i didn't think much of VW anyway

What Guys Said 3

• everytime i see an American person debate that topic, i´m like: dude at least that shit is fucking illegal here in germany!!!

files.newsnetz.ch/.../topelement.jpg

• So those kind of trucks are illegal in Germany?

• Some states are harder than others on it California for example

• when i see this i just don´t want to live on this planet anymore xD... you can be pretty damn sure that vw will not let that happen again. the negative marketing effect of that outrage will be hard enough as is.

• Volkswagen is shit period all of their cars are absolutely terrible

even if this event didn't happen I would never have any respect for them

• Never trusted that brand in the first place, VW Bug was the number 1 car used by serial killers.