Why do people say domestic violence is wrong when you guys continue to support the nba and nfl?

Many players in the nba and nfl have been convicted of domestic violence. Yet, you people still say it is wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• That argument doesn't make very much sense to me. Enjoying the NFL or NBA doesn't mean someone condones the behaviors or actions that individual players do off of the field or off of the court. I think domestic violence is very wrong, any type of violence outside of self-defense is wrong in my opinion. I also enjoy football so I watch the NFL but that's because I enjoy the sport itself, it doesn't mean I support individual players who break the law or do actions that I would deem immoral in their personal lives.

• Yup exactly!

• Okay, your comparison is flawed there. We're talking about what an individual employee does outside of their job, not what the company itself is doing.

• However, in many cases that individual employee in the nba goes with minimal punishment because there is no incentive to punish them since you keep paying them money.

What Girls Said 3

• NBA and the NFL don't have anything to do with individual athlete's personal lives. Those are just companies they work for. It's not the company's fault that some athletes do that

• i enjoy watching football and i dont support domestic violence thats like saying people kill because the video games they play make them violent or that music like black sabbath makes people suicidal

• I think domestic violence is wrong, and I do not watch sports. I have no idea if the players convicted of these crimes are caught, and went to jail or what but I hope so. Not every single player is a domestic abuser, just like not all men are [insert stereotype here], or every woman an [insert stereotype here].

What Guys Said 6

• These two items are separate issues. Just because a small percentage of the NBA/NFL have been convicted of crimes does not mean the entire organization is at fault. It's similar to saying all Muslims are terrorists because a few of them are terrorists.

• Do you have any evidence showing that domestic violence is disproportionately higher in the NBA and NFL?

• Just because people in the NBA and NFL got convicted doesn't mean we should stop the entire thing. That's like saying "A police officer killed an innocent man, we should stop supporting the police!"

• Thats about as fallacious an argument as saying video games cause people to be violent...

• It does because you are paying these players to do it. By giving them money you are subconsciously reassuring their actions

• I do think its wrong and I don't like sports

• So if a school has a janitor who abused their SO, should we stop sending kids to school?