Advice on loosing a part of yourself?

after 2 years of begging my mom for a nose ring she finally signed the papers for me to get it done, this was about 3 years ago now and im in nursing school which means it has to come out. i just put in a clear retainer stud in hopes that i wouldn't have to lose the piercing at all. i know that this is stupid and juvenile of me but i really liked my nose ring and it was a part of my identity. i now hate looking at myself in the mirrior and am just really depredded over it. any advice on what to do? i usually try to be positive on this website and give others encouragement but i dont feel like myself anymore. how can i deal with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I suggest asking if it's okay to wear a little stud. Otherwise, maybe wear it when you are off work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it not allowed in your work? Don't some Indian doctors have piercings? I know one that has but I suppose some places it's considered unsanitary or unprofessional perhaps. Life is all about changing honey. You don't need a "thing" to determine your identity. You already are the wonderful self you choose to be everyday

What Guys Said 1

• Giving up things is a part of growing up my advice is just put it in a night and think if your in the hospital and your nurse

What Girls Said 0