Is the age of 30 to old to learn a foreign language?

I'm 30 and want to learn Hebrew and Arabic.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not too old, but Hebrew and Arabic are both very challenging languages. If you actually want to learn them well enough to read scripture, you're in for a long haul. Learning them for the purpose of conversation and travel is a much lower bar. You can communicate smoothly in day-to-day conversations (albeit in a limited way) after only a few months of effective study, but really understanding and interpreting religious texts (as you mentioned was a goal) will be a multi-year proposition at a minimum. :)

But no, you're certainly not too old. Way to go and good luck. :)

• Let me know how it goes. :) And many thanks. (Shukran. :) )

What Guys Said 9

• You are never too old to learn, so long as this is what you want to do, go for it! :-)

• Nope. I started learning ASL after 30 and there were people in my office learning French in their 40s.

• Of course not! People learn foreign languages at any age, even in 20 or 30 years time it's still possible :D

• haha 30 is not too old, But all these people saying you are never too old are wrong. I had a 65 year old Japanese man be in my grade 1 ( there are 4 grades ) Mandarin class for 4 years.

• You're never too old to learn a language! Providing you really want to do it and are willing to put in the time and effort to learn how to write/read/speak it then you should definitely go for it!

• Never too late. But how do you plan on learning though?

• If your asking i dont think its the age... i think its you thats going to have a hard time

• Like another user said, you're always young enough to learn new things.

• Your brain does not absorb it as quickly.

What Girls Said 7

• You are Never too old or too young to 'Learn' Anything, @523206720 or to even get an Education.
    I was even younger when I went to Egypt and Europe a few years back, and began getting Familiar with the Arabic language.
    I have known people in their nineties and below, who wrote books.
    Good luck. xx

• NO it's not :) You want to learn Arabic? That's interesting where are you from if I may ask ^^ My father learned German at 30 :)

• I live in Canada and I want to learn Arabic and Hebrew so I can understand the Jewish Bible and the Islamic Quran.

• Very interesting, Arabic is complicated, I'm not gonna lie but it's achievable specially if you sign in a class :) My friend's mother is Belgian and she learnt Arabic perfectly, now she speaks it better than I do ^^

• It is never to old to want to learn and grow as a person. :) Go for it!

• Nothing like 2 old besides knowledge is power.

• it's never too late :)

• Of course not. You can learn a language at any age.

• Your never too old to learn