Do you feel inferior when you meet someone who's more talented than you are?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I admire them. Some people are naturally talented, while others worked really hard to get where they are. Either way, I enjoy talking to them and more often than not, we bond and become friends. I don't envy them, or feel negativity towards them. I'm happy and if they are my friends, I'm quite proud of what they've achieved. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes sometimes but then I make myself believe that I cannot compare myself with her/him because we don't get the same amount or type of life. And how we all make different choices in out lives!

What Girls Said 8

• I do struggle with feeling inferior and insecure, but as a way of trying to move past the feeling I purposefully think respectfully of that person. I forced thought I make myself think is "good for them", and the more I get insecure I just think "I'm happy with myself as I am, and I am happy that they're so __, good for them."
    Its forced but fake it til you make it right? It helps control the jealousy/insecurity emotion for me

• Sometimes. Usually if they're more accomplished academically. I wish I could make straight A's. And I guess I do feel a little pang of jealously and feel slightly inferior to someone who has earned what I want to earn.

• It's more like me admiring them and don't want to sound stupid while talking to them so I ended up not talking, at all.

• Yes everyone is... hahah

• I tend to feel inferior in general no matter if the person is more talented than I am.

• always xD i should really stop with that

• Nope. I don't care.

• Inferior? No but intrigued yes. I am drawn to ├╝ber smart people like a magnet. Love to hear them talk. I learn from them

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly I do sometimes. I develop an obsession with becoming better than them. Not in like a rub it in their face kind of way. Just for myself. I know it's really stupid but it's just how I feel.

• if it's in my job then yeah but in any thing else it will be admiration with little un harmful envy