Do you think it's odd for someone to want to stay single for the rest of their life?

• Yeah, that's weird
  • No, that's totally reasonable

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah do whatever you want in life. I will say that I used to want to stay a lone wolf forever but I'm really starting to change a lot. As I get older the more merit I put on that kind of connection with someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are different ways to pursue happiness. As long as you're not hurting anyone, I think it's fair to live how you like.
    Being single doesn't have to mean alone. There are other important relationships a person can have.
    Or they could be like me and really appreciate their alone time. If I am happy, I don't care if I never have a lover or friends. But what I want it don't want today might change down the line. It's nothing to get hung up on.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm sure that in most cases, people who claim that they 'want to stay single forever' are those who have been unsuccessful in finding a partner (main reason being average or below average looks) and are too embarrassed to admit that, or that they have had a string of bad relationships s o they have more or less given up on trying to find the 'right' person.

So if someone's intention to stay single is a decision taken in isolation with whatever relationship experience they have had, then it doses seem weird. If not, it's just that person trying to prevent himself/herself from further emotional pain and hurt.

• nope, some people just don't desire being in a relationship, is that really hard to understand. There are many men that have it all; the looks and stuff and have no probem with the ladies but they just want to fool around

• I guess "unlucky" would be the best way to describe that lol

• Yeah, I suppose so!

• I don't find that strange. I'm in that same situation right now. Even though I have had my share of relationships in the past. I've never had an interest in marriage or getting kids and a relationship is something that I mostly find annoying because I prefer to be alone.

It's okay to not be like everyone else. It's okay to choose your own path to happiness.

• not everyone wants to be in a relationship, some people just want to have fun and have more than one sexual partner. I was very , much like that but now im begging to settle down a little and am actually starting to search for a relationship

• It's out of the ordinary. Humans are social creatures by nature. If someone wants to be alone there must be something psychologically wrong. I want to remain single for the rest of my life and I admit that I have some serious psychological problems.

• I think so, unless they are like Hugh Hefner or something lol

• Makes as much sense as never wanting to have kids. It's about the freedom

• In this day and age I totally understand it

• No not really not to me

• well, it's your life, but I personally couldn't do it ;)

• Its your life. If you're happy being single, then do what you want

• I get the feeling this post was made because someone seen me post that I wanted to be single forever

• It's usually not their choice.

• So is it odd for it to be their choice?

• I guess so...

What Girls Said 9

• Not at all. Some people just don't care for romantic relationships. It's still important to have lots of other social relationships in your life though.

• Nah, whatever floats your goat.

• It's their choice. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I'm sure they thought long and hard about it before coming to that conclusion.

• Not at all I'm actually one of those people.

• No I can relate, relationships are completely overrated.

• My aunt has never married, and she's in her late 50's. Relationships aren't for everyone.

• In this/further generations, I'd rather stay single.😂😂😂

No but really. So many cheating gals and guys, most don't even look for something serious... nah. Not with me. I don't even try to get into one, rather enjoy my life without any further heartbreaks.

• I don't consider that odd. People should feel free to do whatever they want in their lives, as long as they respect other people's life choices as well.

• You could be asexual/aromantic.