Should I move with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend is planning on moving to Missouri at the end of November or December with his two best friends and asked if I would come with. I'm still in college and told him if I were to move it wouldn't be until the summer. He hates long distance and even told me we might have to break up but then I cried and he felt horrible and said he would try his hardest to make it work. I told my mom about my situation and moving, she said absolutely not and if I followed my boyfriend I was dumb and she wouldn't help me one bit. I really want to move because I hate it in the town I live in, I hate my college and just want to try something new but she sees it as a dumb decision. I would have to take a year off of school until I received residency so I could actually pay for school with my financial aid. Taking a year off doesn't really bug me because I absolutely hate school and the major I'm pursuing. I'm not really sure what to do or how to talk to my mom about this again because I really need her support if I do decide to go.

Most Helpful Girl

• How long have you been dating this guy? Let me tell you, I should have listened to my mother when she told me not to move in with my boyfriend, and we dated for 3 years before we moved in together. Just don't get pressured into anything that you might later regret.

• As of now we've only been dating for 9 months but we've been on vacation together and spend at least four nights together a week. I do understand that it's a big deal and always a risk to move in with someone but we work well together or at least we think we do. Thanks for the input.

What Guys Said 1

• If he really loves you a long distance relationship wouldn't mean anything. If your boyfriend says that to you or even thinks you will break up because of a long distance relationship you have to question yourself, does he really love you enough to actually risk everything (your family) and follow him? Remember family is forever, you could finish your education first and then discover new things later. Education is important!

What Girls Said 2

• If you can't support yourself on your own, don't go. Because there is no guarantee that you'll be with him always. So you might end up on your ass and you'll be the only one able to take care of you.

• its you life remember that! is not your moms so do what you want but remember even tho you hate your town/school etc make sure you finish school first... school then boys and it doesn't matter how much you love him he won't help you get a good job or something so you have to think good about it