Would you change religious denominations for your significant other?

My boyfriend and I both Christians, but I grew up attending a federated church that is more or less United church of Christ, whereas my boyfriend was raised at a Faith Assembly of God church. I am personally continuing to develop my religious views and my beliefs so I'm totally open to learning about the denomination of church that my boyfriend attends.

Would you be able to switch denominations for your significant other? We still believe in the same God, so it's not that different to change is it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not religious at all so I wouldn't care about the church but my dad went from Lutheran to Catholic to marry my mother. On the on hand it's a symbolic gesture but on the other it just directly portrays how unimportant his denomination was to him for him to "just change" it.

The same applies to you. Why care about denomination if you're so willing to change it?

Most Helpful Girl

• no i wasn't. if we're both Christian that's really all that matters to me. at least we can respect the minor differences in denominations.

however if a guy is dating me, my denomination is very culturally rooted too so he'd have to be able to accept the culture that comes with it.

What Guys Said 1

• No but as long as we're both Christians that's all that matters in my eyes I'll respect denomination though.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm not sure It depends on how I feel about the church my boyfriend attends. I can't be apart of a church family I feel no connection to. I grew up Presbyterian but go to a Assembly of God college and I love the way they worship! so if my guy was assembly of God then yes I'd switch to his church.

• I've honestly never even heard of denominations in religion

• I have no religion and that is unlikely to change unless some dramatic revelations happen.