Do you hate people who get phone cases?

you know, when i see people put a case on the iphone or some of the better looking androids, it just pisses me off.

i mean, they are ruining the design, and supporting an industry that's leeching off the works of Apple and Androids. And the fact that the iPhone 6/ 6 Plus/ 6S is actually butt ugly with its protruding camera and ugly antenna bands, and people think it's ok after they cover it up with their stupid cases, just annoys me to no end. It is the absolute opposite of what Steve Jobs believed in!

I mean, it's like one of these retards who bought a Ferrari and painted it pink, or bought a Rolls Royce and painted it yellow, and think it is cool coz it's "personalized", when what it really is, is bad taste.

FOR THOSE OF YOU who say you are buying the case to protect your phone, I say:

Why be attached to something so... material?
If it drops and scratch or crack, SO BE IT !
It's just a piece of cheap plastic and metal!!

I'd rather pay for a fix than pay the price that is carrying a piece of ugly case.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you are looking at it all wrong!! I never bought a case or a screen protector for my old Nokia phone. Its screen is now virtually like frosted glass, unusable!

I got myself a case and protector for my Galaxy Ace some long while ago. It's old now, and unsupported by Samsung, but it's still in pristine condition and works perfectly. I bought a Tab4 10.1 a few months ago, and I protect it in the same way.

Lets face it, only posers buy something like an iPhone 6 so other people can see they've got the latest gadget. I buy mine because I know they will do just what I want, and I don't need much. I don't have hundreds of apps, only about 6 downloaded. Most of those are specialist paid for apps for very specific purposes.

What Girls Said 14

• You can bitch all you want but I have butter fingers and I don't have $200 to drop on a new phone every two weeks so I'm gonna buy myself my fancy little otterbox and protect my god damn phone like a sane person.

• um... nope... phone cases are mostly to protect your phone lol. and a lot of them are cute. cuter than the actual phone. so like, whats the issue? xD phones are usually white, navy blue or black. boring.
    this is one of the stupidest things I've seen someone get mad about

• Really? I mean you are totally in your right to have an opinion, but why is it such a sticky issue? I have a case for my phone to protect it. I didn't have one for my last phone and I accidently dropped it and it smashed!

I had to either get a new phone or pay to fix my phone which would have cost me up to 200 bucks. I think most people get some sort of case for that reason.

• Lol you care way too much. I have a nice case with a marble print on it for my white iphone 5s and it looks fabulous, thank you very much. :)

• Nope, I don't hate them. I'm one of them. I drop everything, so it was like the first thing I did after getting an iPhone to get a phone case. I dropped my Nokia on the ground without one and it shattered, so I'm not making that mistake again :/

• lol well a large proportion of phone owners are so sorry u feel that way.

• I think I rather have a shitty as phone case to protect my iphone

• The industrious would like you to believe that the phone-cases are for protection but really they are just fashion statements and ways for the company to get money. Still, its all up to the consumers tho.

• Bc phones are fragile with all that glass and shit. But I wouldn't put an otterbox on my phone. I'm not that clumsey that I'm dropping my electronic device every two seconds. And I'm not that stupid that I would put it at risk of getting soaked.
    Anyways, The thicker the case, the more radiation the phone must emit to get through the case. That's not necessarily a good thing for your brain to be near high levels of radio waves

• Uhh overreact much? People get cases to protect their phones. Why do you care so much? And what is so wrong with people expressing themselves?

• I don't feel like hating people with a phone case, lol.
    Phone cases helps us distinguish between the phones. If there were no phone cases, a lot of the phones will look the same, and in some situation people will take someone else's phone by mistake.

• My phone case is to protect my phone and also cause it sticks to stuff, usually good for sticking it to the window of the car.

Plus I don't intend on spending hundreds of dollars everytime I drop my phone

• It's giving the phone extra protection. What's wrong with that? :P

• No, I don't hate others. I don't have a phone case on my Galaxy, but I take good care of it. My brother on the other hand, I recommended he get one. He broke 3 Galaxy phones in less than 2 months. That is expensive to replace. It's protection, I don't see a problem if others want to use it when it's available to them.

What Guys Said 13

• hmmm let's see I spent $100s on a phone so I shouldn't do something to protect that fairly steep investment? nah I'm happy with my otterbox phone case. Now if me or someone else drops my phone there isn't that moment of panic. When a little bit of water gets on the phone I don't have to start figuring out how to dry the phone

it isn't the most aesthetically pleasing look to have a case (but neither are eye glasses or seat belts) but it serves an important purpose

• You have to be very shallow to HATE someone over phone cases.. People use phone cases to protect their phone from physical damage, and since while they are at it, why not buy the prettiest one?

• You really got nothing more to think about than hating on that? Lol

And I dropped a Tough Jacket Maxx on my N6. It's about protecting the phone, never about the looks. If it was about looks I'd have no case, but this thing has saved my phone countless times, well worth the added weight and it's black so it still looks slick enough.

• 0|1
  • I've dropped my Galaxy S 3 and Nokia Lumia 1020 several times, and they are okay because I had them in Otterbox cases. If they hadn't been in a case, I would have been out hundreds of dollars.

iPhones don't look so pretty with shattered screens.

• Well my cases aren't personalized they are translucent. Some people like personalized ones since it shows their personality.

• No, I drop my phone occasionally, so I protect it from such impacts.

• Hunh? Are you serious? You HAVE to protect your phone. It's not like we are putting tattoos and piercings on the phone.

• Well that is your taste. Everybody has his own taste.

• I don't mind it if its subtle and mainly to protect the phone. but not when it's used as a fashion statement

• I don't really care too much about who has what phone and if it has fifteen cases or not.

• No I do not, that is one of the ridiculous reasons to hate.

• I couldn't care less about what people use.
    I couldn't care less about what Steve Job's beliefs.

FYI people have bought Rolls Royce for picking up trash.

• Steve Jobs believes*