Do you take responsibility for your actions?

I see so many people putting the blame on others and forgetting they were the ones to put themselves in that situation. I see this in real life a lot, but I see it way more in this site.
It pisses me off how some people just want to blame someone else and not take responsibility for the actions that lead them to that scenario.

So please, be honest, do you tend to blame others, or do you accept it was your fault?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, It’s a simple truth that all human beings (young and old alike) make mistakes and poor choices. The same goes for when we fail to act when we know we should. There are times when we all look the other way when we know the right thing to do is to take helpful action.

So, we should first understand one thing, we're not the first person (nor will we be the the last) who have fallen short in the personal behaviour department from time to time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah but it's frustrating as hell when you own up to your mistakes when dealing with another person who you know doesn't and wouldn't if they were in your shoes. It's even worse when they patronize you smh

What Girls Said 7

• Seeing that most of the time even if it wasn't my fault, I still had to bear the consequences of others', so yeah I'd take up all responsibility for my actions (but I'd always blame myself even if I shouldn't). But there'd be one or two cases where I wouldn't take up the responsibility like when my friends and I almost flooded our scouts room. 🙈 None of us admitted it..

• Yes I think I take responsibility. It's something that has been taught to me since I was a child :)

• Sometimes I do, sometimes it's easier to blame others.

I have lot to learn.

• Yes, I do take responsibility

• I won't lie and say I always do. Majority, I do own up.

• Yes. If I know I am wrong, I will admit it. If I done something wrong, I apologize and try to rectify the situation. I try my best not to assume, and don't blame others for my mistakes for sure. I learn from my mistakes.

• Sometimes blame is shared and it is not entirely one person's responsibility.

• True, but it's still your responsibility that you got yourself in that situation since it's your life and you're the only one that controls it.

What Guys Said 9

• I do my very best to take responsibility for my actions! What type of man would I be if I didn't? :-P

• I've somehow made a lot of mistakes in just 19 years but the only way i got through it all was by deciding to forget about my mistakes. I dont neccararily blame other people, but i also could do a better job of owning up to my mistakes. Oh well, like gone withthe wind, i will think about it tomorrow.

• I think part of becoming a man, is doing so
    I do take responsibility for all my actions, and my current circumstance
    I try to take the best course of action, that way i will have honor taking responsibility for them =)

• No, when I break something I claim it was like that when I got there. ahhaa

• I do, if I make a mistake and I realize it I own up to it.

• If I'm in the wrong I owe up that is how you self improve by admitting you are in error

• I tend to blame myself for things that aren't even my fault. It is a pain to live with myself.

• I'm like you, I blame myself for shit that I shouldn't, but I still think "well, it was I who brought myself to this situation, so part of the fault is mine".

• yes I do..

• For the most part I do, I try.