Do you have to downvote someone if you dont agree with their opinion?

i think everyone has the freedom to express the opinion. so if you dont agree with them, ignore right?
why would you downvote their meaning?

Most Helpful Guy

• I only downvote if their opinion is unreasonable. I don't downvote if I simply disagree. As you say, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

An example of me downvoting is when someone said there was nothing wrong with being unfaithful. The general feeling is that being unfaithful is wrong.

• I agree with his opinion.

• @asker Thanks for MHG!! And the upvote!!

• Gay men DO like pink though, that's not unreasonable

What Guys Said 6

• If an opinion is hateful or antagonistic, that goes beyond just an opinion and I may downvote it. A prime example would be some of the racial remarks made on here.

• I would downvote only if they are rude or insulting others/myself.

• I don't downvote opinions that much , but i upvote often , that actually counts

• Only if I find myself really disliking their opinion, which is sort of rare.

• And we have the freedom to express agreement or disagreement, which is what votes are for.

• No I don't but if it is ignorant I will.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't care if people downvote me but at the same time I also don't get the logic of why people feel the need to do it sometimes. I guess it's just their way of saying they can't handle a person with a different opinion.

• I don't downvote people simply because I disagree with what they have to say, unless what they say is pure ignorance and unreasonable then I probably will.

• Pretty much... yea...
    But I never comment since I would start a never-ending arguement/debate. A downvote in enough hehe

• To give them your opinion ion and potentially educate them to a different belief. But it's certainly not a requirement.