Do Starbucks alter drinks due to the season? Bought a hot chocolate, got a pumpkin spice latte. Ideas?

Bit of a unusual question.

I went out with a couple of friends few days ago, got a starbucks before we all went outside to chill in the sun, I ordered a classic hot chocolate with cream same as usual, I never go for a lot of other flavours.

When we all sat down and I had a drink, tasted of pumpkin, thought this was rather odd checked the cup it had my name on there and everything, even labeled hot chocolate, but because we were on our train I didn't want to go back and ask.

Was this just a error on the part of who poured the drink, or simply because I didn't know they change drinks due to season?

What Girls Said 1

• someone most likely screwed up your order lol i dont think theyre trying to subliminally brainwash you to enjoy pumpkin.
    although that's a good idea

What Guys Said 1

• I believe they do have seasonal drinks and change the ingredients in the common drinks during certain occasions.