What is your reaction when you hear 'Good guys never win'?

I am a good guy and often 'win', and everytime I hear this, always see it as a convenient excuse for flaws an individual cannot accept or address

What Girls Said 11

• every time I hear that, I call bullshit.

"good guy" is not necessarily synonymous with "lame" but some seem to forget that. It's just a way of conveniently shifting blame for from oneself to the person who rejected them. Instead of learning something and maybe improving their game, they play victim. and precisely this victim mentality is extremely unattractive. I smell "victim" miles against the wind, like a hound :-D

a good guy/person has good character, has principles and some level of morals. that does not have to make them boring or coma inducing. Good guy also does not mean, have cero style or no interesting hobbys.

my fiance is a good guy, with a heart of gold... but he is fucking cool too and can kick some ass if he needs to

• I hear a defeatist attitude, and someone who's perhaps understandably frustrated, but needs to re-group, re-evaluate strategy and the cause of failure, and keep trying.

• They are unconfident, whiney, spoilt, ignorant guys... they listen to what other people tell them all the time, they let others particurly other guys boss them around and tell them how they "should" flirt with women and they let people tell them who they should and shouldn't be friends with... i know the type very well... and they go utterly bonkers and start crying every time they get rejected.

Plus there is no such thing as "good" or "bad" (although there are definitely some truly evil people out there), but it is how you think, act, the things you say and your choices that matter, i was over this "i'm such a good person" speech a long time ago... because i've found out the hard way that anyone who says this eventually turns into not such a nice person... when they start letting other people influence them constantly... and give into peer-pressure... id rather someone let me get to know the REAL them... instead of bragging they are such a "good" person. Prove it... and prove it for a long long time... prove you can stay loyal to me for as long as you live your human life... but noop... never turns out that way lol people change all the time... and 99% of the time never into something pleasant... "good" and "nice" are just terms used for fools who want to believe all that crap lol, guys in particular use the "i'm such a good/nice guy" line as a chat up line all the time... your guilible if you buy that lol. It's all in what you say and do and your choices.

• So yes... definitely an excuse because they know they always cave into human weakness, are insecure, unconfident and let others influence them... nobody wants to date someone like this.. . nobody...

• i think it is a pathetic excuse for guys who have been burned by a girl
    vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• Maybe it is an excuse, but it's understandable when a guy is at a low moment to feel that way, because sometimes being nice isn't recognized or appreciated and that sucks. I'd rather him feel that rather than start thinking he's got to be a jerk to get what he wants. Hopefully he'll turn it into motivation to keep at it :)

• It all comes down to how he defines the term 'nice'- this is how I view it

• True!! Infact "nice" is so underrated. I think "nice" is something to sought after.

• yeah and it depends on the situation also. I've known people who basically forced niceness on others who didn't want it, for example. if the dude is smart, he'll eventually rise above that mindset and look at what went wrong, make changes, and keep going. in my opinion, good guys win more overall anyways. I can totally empathize falling into those negative slumps and making excuses, but it's worth it to get back into optimism and action

• I think it's a stereotype

• yuppppp pretty much :p really good guys are awesome but most "good guys" just want something in return for what they give

• The 'good guys' that say this aren't actually as 'good' as they've convinced themselves they are.

• It depends on the girl. Some girls will go for the nice guy. Some will not.

• "Laaaaaame. They do."

• I am drunk so who cares?

What Guys Said 15

• I think it has less to do with excusing flaws and more with not being confident in your abilities. You can be genuinely good all you want but if you'r not going to strive to win through effort... well you're not going to win.

• I laugh and ask them why we aren't all speaking German and saluting the Nazi flag.

• Yeah people can call it lame but when your victim of abuse
    by people from school, your parents , other outsiders it does
    give you a complex , I agree it can be bullshit but when you
    suffer years of rejection it starts to stick with you and think
    "Good Guys Never Win "

• Have you rejected the false morality of altruism? If not, you are just fooling yourself, desperate to prove that you can be successful in life while adhering to the conventional morality of altruism, which is not possible. To the extent that you are successful in life, you are selfish.

• "Not with that attitude, bitches" is my reaction.

• Good guys win, pushovers don't. There's a difference.

• It's not true.

• Just like Game of Thrones

• I agree with whoever that wise person is.

• I think ' good guys never try hard enough '

• I think some try too hard, in my view more a case of 'trying smarter'. Knowing your failures in the past and addressing them

• "Good", "bad", "nice" and "mean" get skewed. What one person thinks is good, another may not. It all depends

• You are correct in your assessment of the phrase.

• I generally do not react in any way when hearing this.

• I read it in my head as 'boring guys never win' nice guys assume that not being boring makes you a dick, but that is simply not true. I am very outgoing, outspoken, confident and funny- but I am still a gentleman and never assume women owe me anything simply because I am nice to them...

Just think of all the bubbly girls out there who never get boys chasing them... if a chubby girl makes you cookies, she is such a nice person and just being nice, if an attractive girl does this, she wants you.

• I guess my immediate reaction is the person saying that has a very narrow idea about what 'winning' means.