Do you cut the onions first or cut it last?

When chopping vegetables and whatnot, do you usually cut the onions first or last? For me I cut it last so it doesn't make me cry as much

• First
  • Last
  • Other (Comment below)

Most Helpful Girl

• If the onions are making you cry, it's because your knives are dull. A sharp knife won't bruise the onion and cause the burny thing.

• Try cutting an onion in 2 halfs and washing them in warm water. You'll wash away the burning thing. Now you continue cutting.

• @Bimbobambo no, it literally means your knives are too dull. Properly sharpened knives are essential in the kitchen and prevent injury.

Most Helpful Guy

• first so I could get it over with

What Girls Said 5

• It depends what I'm cooking. Some things taste better browned with onion or if the onions are put in first for flavor. Other times it's better to let the harder vegetables cook before adding the onions.

• I cut it first, so I can get it over and done with haha

• Most times I cut them first.

• First, so I can fry it all by itself in the pan before everything else.

• My aunt puts onions in a bowl filled with cold water. If you do that too, your eyes won't water.

What Guys Said 4

• whenever. cutting onions rarely makes my eyes water so it doesn't really matter when I cut them

• YES! My time to shine! I chose other BECAUSE if you wash your onions with warm water before you cut them, you won't cry! Maybe cut it in half and then wash each half, you won't cry from 1 cut right?

• First, and they don't make me cry.

• I actually am not sure, I just cut whichever is next to be prepared.