Do you agree 80s-90s computer technology was way more FUTURISTIC than nowdays?

Today graphics look dull af…. try to prove me otherwise…

80s-90s GRAPHICS…

and pitiful10s graphics…

also look how awesome BBS SysOps were back then…. just like a sci-fi movie isn’t it?

and forum admins now…. just ordinary... just like millions of other people around da world wid a tablet on their hand... nothing futuristic… :(

R. I. P. futurism & creativity…. :(

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you to a huge degree - At the time it was so new in that sense seemed hugely futuristic - I think we are inured somewhat to technology today but if you were just brought fresh to it as we were in the 1990s you would go WOW.

• i always thought i was born in da wrong era... perhaps 1960-1962 would be an ideal year to be born in for me... :|

• Thanks for MHG

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• ASCII was a creative way to overcome the lack of graphical processing power which now comes easily with our high-tier CPUs and GPUs, and the abstraction technologies that allow us to make better use of the hardware in our computers.

They're working on hoverboards. I think the future is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSheVhmcYLA