Do you have memories which you can't remember if it happened in a dream or real life?

Or had any, and then a friend maybe told you that never happened? I've had it so many times I've lost count. Sometimes I have conversations in my dream with someone and then when I converse with them again I have this problem recalling if I actually did talk to them about it or not, or if it was just a dream. So yeah, basically I experience dejavu a lot.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• It's funny you asked this question cause I've asked a very similar question a few weeks ago and got almost no replies.
    I asked that question because - like you - I have experienced these things many times already. I generally dream quite "actively"... i remember at least one dream almost every night, sometimes I even remember several dreams (or at least bits and pieces of them).
    I've experienced it several times that I wasn't sure whether a conversation had really happened or only in my dream.
    However, by far the craziest experience I've ever had in this respect happened just 1,5 months ago (this was in fact the reason I posted my question). During that time, my girlfriend was away on vacation for a month and I felt horny quite often. As a result, I had several sex dreams. However, one of them was different than all the other ones. I dreamed that I coincidentally ran into a girl I had had a beautiful but short summer relationship with when I was 17 or 18. We went to a coffee shop together or something like that and talked about the old days. And as we talked about those old days, I suddenly had these immense emotions boiling inside of me. It's really hard to explain. It felt the way you feel in the first days of a new relationship. I had butterflies in my tommy and I also felt this incredible sexual lust for this girl. The reason we had broken up after that happy summer was not due to a fight or anything like that. We just couldn't be together anymore because we lived in two different countries. So there weren't any hard feelings or grudges or anything like that. As we were sitting across from each other in this coffee shop in my dream, we both still found each other incredibly attractive and we still could feel the love. We talked about the old days and all the cool things we did together. We talked about the sweet things we did for each other, the long walks we made and of course the awesome sex sessions on those hot, lazy summer afternoons. Maybe it's hard for you to understand as a teenager but being in my late 20s now, I sometimes feel quite nostalgic about my teenage-years and this dream involved a lot of those bitter-sweet nostalgic feelings. In the dream, my old love and me finally got so heated up that we started French kissing in that coffee shop. After a while, she asked me if I wanted to come to her place but I said "no, sorry, I have a girlfriend now" which is true in real life (I was partially aware of my real life while dreaming). After I

• woke up, I was super confused. I knew that this whole meeting of my old crush in the present time was only a dream. I knew that my brain only made this up. However - and here comes the really crazy part - I simply couldn't tell whether I've ever had such a relationship with this girl! Even after waking up, I missed this girl so much and I felt so horny for her that it seemed completely impossible to only be a product of my mind. It was almost like in the movie "Inception": my dream had been so real that it started feeling more true than actual reality. Now, usually, this confusion takes 10-20 minutes and then you start waking up completely and realizing it was just some phantasy. But in this case, it was very different. It took me 2 days of intense thinking and half an hour of going through old photos to finally come to the conclusion that this girl has never existed in real life and this whole summer affair never happened. It's absolutely amazing what the human mind is capable of...

• Wow, thats intense o__o I have met people in my dreams that I though I met in real life but turns out they never existed. But not to the extent that you experienced. And ikr, the mind is just... Mind blowing!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, so many.

I can only recall this one at the moment: when I was about 6 and went to visit my relatives with my family, I sort of discovered a new dish/food.

So my sister liked the food as well.

But I didn't feel like sharing since I was the one who made it.
    So , she forcefully takes it away from me and I start crying really loud.

My mom comes to the kitchen, a bit angry.

I was crying and pointing at my sister, telling her what she did BUT instead of yelling at my sister like I thought she would, I got a slap on my face. Lol. 😱

Anyway, my mom said it never happened.

She never slapped us in the face.

😊❤

What Guys Said 27

• I have a lot of déjà vu, too. It exponentially increased after I lost my virginity last month. But I've only had sex with four prostitutes. I've never met these prostitutes before, but I had déjà vu moments before and after meeting every single one of them. I guess I was meant to have sex with prostitutes even though I didn't want to. It was fine, I guess, because the girls I met didn't really seem like real prostitutes. I doubt the girls would've wanted money from me if it wasn't for their bosses. I felt that these girls were the only girls who would be receptive to my existence at the moment. I wonder if I will unlock more powers if I got laid everyday. Oh well, I doubt I'll ever get laid again. No money and no energy left.

I think déjà vu serves as markers for our human existence because this life was most likely predetermined. We will always have free will in our original soul state in the Spirit World, but I think as soon as we enter a human body, we already planned out our transient lives on this planet. I feel as if this life was just made for gaining experience and spiritual growth. So, when someone has déjà vu, it means that their life is going according to plan. Déjà vu occurs when you realize you are experiencing something that you've foreseen in a dream.

There seems to be only one author who agrees with my sentiments about our true soul state and our human experience. His name is Michael Newton. He wrote Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls. Here are links to his books, if you are interested. They can get a little boring, they are pretty long, but they offer one perspective on what this life is about. He could be right or wrong, but I think he's probably closer to the truth than anyone else.

freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/.../journey.pdf
    fright2fight.com/.../DestinyofSouls.pdf

I apologize if I seem disgusting to you. I know most girls, if not all, don't like guys who went to prostitutes, but I hope my experiences and knowledge were at least helpful. Peace.

P. S. - Déjà vu is a precursor to the superlative ability of foresight.

• Yes, I've been told i am having conversations with someone in my sleep
    and never recall who it is but it's like i am talking to them in person.
    And this one friend i was talking to online and i fell sleep i had this message
    i was going to send to her and when i woke up saw the message i could of
    sent her it look like what he devil would type eeek scary

• While my experience is the opposite of what you describe (having dreams and confusing them for real memories), I have had real memories (that are really important events) that I convinced myself were dreams. So I don't find your situation that unusual.

I have two very important memories that, for all my life up to a set day, I thought
    was a dream, or my own mind making stuff up. One involved my grandfather taking me on a fork lift ride, and the other involved his funeral (he died when I was 8)

Both times, someone was telling a story about my grandfather. They mentioned something, and it brought back my "Dream" memory. However, they then said, "No your wrong, that really happened".

I remember very little of my Grandpa, but for years I though that my most treasured memory of him was dreams, because I didn't think he had access to a fork lift. (he actually owned one). So memory can play trick on you (however, don't believe in suppressed memory, I just thought it was a dream)

• Wow, yes all the time. I literally get the feeling of deja vu all the time. Its weird. Its even weirder when I am having a conversation with someone, or doing something, and I'm all of a sudden like, wait I think I did this before or dreamt this. Then I remember the dream and how things are a little different in actuality.

• YES YES YES.. I swear I've had conversations with people sometimes but then when I bring it up they say they don't remember shit they've said. Then I think I'm either crazy or they're dumb for not remembering.. hahaha

• I thought I messaged people in my dreams.. Like I thought I messaged girls I liked sexual feelings.

Then I freaked out and looked at my phone and realized it was just a dream..

• I remember some weird shit from when I was really young. Like, psychedelic weird. I'm pretty sure I saw a ghost but it was probably a dream

• i hate it when your dreams show you the future. then when it happens you sit there for a second or two tripped out because you already saw what has just happened before

• I had Dejavu dreams before that came true, and i have dreams that have fake memories in them.
    It gets especially confusing if the dream is a sequel to a dream i never dreamed but know i dreamed before.

Usually dream memories fade quickly so in half an hour at most i am back to normal.

• My mom once told me I had stabbed a guys hand with a pencil and that I wanted to jump of a bridge when I was 10. I don't remember any of thess

• I did have this experience back in my younger days

• Not from a dream, from video gaming.
    I have memories of stuff, then I remember I'm not an immortal badass, just a mortal one.

• My dreams typically don't make any sense and consist of all sorts of impossibilities. So I don't often confuse them with memories of reality.

• No never. You're the only person in the world who has that and you might have some strange butt cancer.

Just kidding, everybody has that at some point.

• I just read not too long ago that our Long term memories only last for 7 years. After that they just become memories based on the actual memories. And subject to our imaginations.

• No, but sometimes I think of deja vu

• Somebody believed in me once.

• Dreams are powerful and you can learn to manipulate them
    watch these below on youtube
    Conscious Dreaming [HD]
    Dreams That Predict The Future

• No my dreams are completely separate from reality

• yea it usually happens when i have been drinking too much but not always

• yep , but I think it only happens to me when I get de ja vu.

• Yes

Nice question too by the way

• I almost never dream :/

• I have those every 3 days :O

• Yeah, but the longest it's lasted is a couple of minutes upon waking up.

• this is kind of the Pisces existence :P

• No has not happened yet.

What Girls Said 11

• yes i have that most often, weirdly, with places. i think I've been to this place that i can visually see in my head because I've had multiple vivid dreams about it but when i actually take a step back and think of where its located, when i went there, or who i was with, i couldnt come up with anything. usually takes me a while to realize it was a dream. i also do that with things I've done with people or what i or other people have said but not as often.

• When I was eleven or so I woke up one morning and looked at my curtains. They were closed.
    I only vaguely remembered closing them.
    Now what's so interesting about that is that I

• Apparently like clicking submit before I'm ready.

• What's so interesting about that is that I could recall waking up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet. I remember sneaking past my little brother (shared room) and I remember sneakin back to my room (I couldn't remember actually going to the toilet) on the way back to my room I remembered being stopped by my stepmother who whisper yelled at me for leaving my curtains open.

End of memory. The memory was foggy. It could have happened. It might not have. I have no clue.

• It's definitely happened before, where I wake up in the morning and I'm like wait a minute... lol

• Yes I have one memory in particular that is so vivid I'm sure its real. Problem is I have never been to this place so it must have been a dream.

• i had a dream where i was gonna get into a fight with a blonde chick and the next day it happen

• I get dejavu a lot too. It messes with my brain :3

• Yes especially from my childhood, I always wonder was it a dream or did it actually take place?

• Yeah, but it's been a while...
    Gotta love De'ja'vu

• Oh yea, all the time

• Oh my god I thought I was the only one. It's mainly older memories that I feel that way about.

• Yes! I have a handful that I can't figure out for the life of me