Are you guys hyped that NASA has found signs of liquid water flowing on Mars?

I know I'm hyped as fuck right now. Just imagining the potential for even simple microorgranisms to exist in these small watered areas on the Red Planet makes me feel giddy.

• YES!
  • No.
  • I did not hear about this...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I was very excited when I read it.

Most Helpful Guy

• YES!! We need a manned mission to mars ASAP. This, along with the Europa ocean, could be one of the greatest discoveries of all time. Even evidence of past life would be world-changing. The impact of life on another planet would radically change our place in the Universe.

• At the moment I think NASA doesn't even want to land probes in the area where evidence of water flows exists. Worried about cross contamination, which is a reasonable concern of course.

• Yes, that a definite issue. But by the time a manned mission is even tenable (2030s by the current time table) We will probably already know a lot more about that area than we do now. That being said, while the issue of contamination is very serious, I think with the right tech, we should still invest in the opportunity to discover more about our Universe than we had ever thought possible.

• Yes I agree, it would be heavily disappointing for contamination to occur. However that should not deter us as long as extra precautions are taken.

What Girls Said 3

• We truly live in the modern age. Space colonialism is getting realer by the DAY it seems.

• not really.

• I'm already prepping my stuff to visit Mars.

What Guys Said 6

• I can understand the hype, but I honestly figured that was water there already so it's more like I'm just getting confirmation that the sky is blue. Don't get me wrong, it's cool, but the hype that surrounded the reveal was a bit overblown.

• Yeah I agree, it was suspected for a long time, but it's nice to have confirmation.

• Yes I sure am

• I remember them teaching me that Mars was dry and dusty and Pluto was a giant chunk of ice in grade school

• yes I love science

• Not really.

I was surprised cuz I thought we'd already discover water on Mars. I got that from the Backyardigans

• Mars used to be capable of sustaining many different kinds of life, but something happened to change that. (We don't know exactly what happened or when it happened.) Watch this:

https://youtu.be/K2wp5Qe3JV0