Which age group of GaG members do you consistently get the best advice from?

Do you think that younger members or older members tend to give you the best advice to your questions? Do you often discount younger members points of view or feel older members advice is stale? Does it depend on what age you are, or does it matter?

• Under 18
  • 18-25
  • 25-30
  • 30-35
  • 35-40
  • 40 and up

Most Helpful Guy

• I said 18-25, simply because what I am saying is usually happened to someone in there recently... I don't know why, but 25-40 year olds seem to give me really stark opinions- like extreme views on things. Not all of them, just something I have noticed. I usually really like the responses from the 40+ year olds though, and occasionally the teens say some nice things! Even if they don't really understand something.

What Guys Said 8

• people always say 'older is wiser' but the thing is, their advice is often shaped on an aesthetic appreciation of the world that has been shaped by the culmination of their life experience. we don't have that same aesthetic appreciation yet - for example, young me wants to start up a business, have an active social life, travel the world. old me probably wants to invest in a retirement fund, make small talk with his wife over tea, grow some crops and breed a few livestock for pleasure. young me and old me do not have compatible worldviews - you can't expect young me to subjugate himself to the life philosophy of old me just because old me knows what some of the errors are. young me needs to make the mistakes before he can learn from them - it's the only way. if he never makes the mistakes, then he will never learn.

so I chose people 25-30 and maybe people 30-35 because these are the people who most recently went through the experience I am having now and probably know better than any other age group how to enhance the experience and avoid the most common pitfalls in doing so. (key here is on 'enhance' the experience).

I morally object to older people saying that they know best, because they don't always.

• I would say between age group of 21 to 55 give the best advice but the younger ones can give advice just not many of them. The ones age 24 and younger usually asking the question or seeking the most advice.

• I think you make a very solid point. It stands to reason that you would have more life questions and be unable to give advice because at a younger age, you simply haven't experienced the things older people have which is why they can give advice. Whether its good advice is of course subjective.

• The best advice comes from people who are experienced but not eaten up by their experience like some old fucks here and other bitter shit here do.
    Likely some have just negative experience and others tell people something about rainbows and ponys

• 40 and up I have to say. They are generally the wisest.

• I only ask fun stuff so I don't really get advice but if I look at other questions then usually the better answers come from people who are 25+, but this site definitely has also a lot of younger ones who give constantly for advice! ;)

• That is not a fair comparison since the number of people in each age group is different.

• 1 - 99 filerrrrrrrrrrrr ; p

• Here, offline and online... everywhere, late 20s and older people have given me best advices.

• Who is downvoting everyone? A butthurt teen?

• I'm wondering that too b/c a lot of the answers are pretty solid. I mean at 15, you can't really give advice on marriage, college, school, or relationships, etc. if you've never experienced them so it kind of stands to reason that people would naturally think older people, well, older then say 15 or whatever, give better advice.

• Absolutely right. They can give their opinion based on what they've seen but they are not really ready to give advice. No doubt some of those opinions can be much better than advice from experienced people.

What Girls Said 8

• I hate to say "Ah! This group is so great at answers!" because every group has good posters and bad :/

• All the old folks! I LOVE THEM!

• People who are younger do give better advice than the older ones because they are more familiar with today Society and therefore can offer better advice. I notice most of the answers from users 35+ are outdated and are often not Black and White and directed towards a grey area.

• i really can't pinpoint an exact age group as there are standout members from each age group. however, in terms of thoroughness of answers, there are more people in the 25+ group who give such answers.

• There are incidents of white biker gang members doing the exact same thing and the bigots stay quiet. What do they have to say about white biker gang members (which are just as trashy as gang members of other races) that do similar nonsense and violence as gang members of other ethnic groups. What do they have to say about the biker gang violence in Waco recently?

• @Paris13 gives out honest and the best!

• Thank you so much, @BrieLove, so appreciate this.:)) xxoo

• 25 +

👏👏👏👏👏

• The 30+ people give the best advice to me.