What's a good news source that isn't full of bias?

I know pretty much every news source has at least some bias but is there a good reliable one that doesn't have a lot of it.

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Guy

• BBC News is probably your best bet as far as English-speaking news.

But, yes, you must always understand the bias of the people (owners, editors, and writers) of news programming, and adjust your views accordingly. You must also learn to separate facts from opinion, even when opinion is talked about as if it were fact.

If you can learn how to do that, you can find value in any news source.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I am sorry, but there is no such thing.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• pretty much none of them. All news sources need to pay bills, and cater to their advertisers for this purpose. It's important to remember, when watching the news, that you are not the customer - you are the product. Advertisers pay good money to have you delivered to them, so the news is focused on being as entertaining as possible so that you will sit through the commercials. All news is, thus, going to be biased towards what they think will sell, and what paints their advertisers in a positive light (or at least not negative), rather than giving you any information that you need to know.

I suppose the one exception is c-span, but then you still have to deal with the bias of congress. It is refreshing to watch it and not have to put up the clip-and-spin antics of major media outlets. It almost feels foreign watching everything in context without some news actor telling you what to think about it..

0|0
    0|0
  • Al-Jazeera day news isn't bad. It can get kinda boring because of their lack of bias, but it does do a lot of foreign news with is a good change. For internet sources, that's a bit different. Generally, the news stories themselves aren't too biased, then can be, but generally that's not the point. However, the opinion columns are.

The best bet would be like the Week or something. I really like it because they take articles from both sides and presents it usually without too much of a bias. The Economist is also pretty good, but they can be a bit biased themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • In England?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!