How do I prepare myself for the news of her death?

My grand ma's really ill and I know that she's gonna die. What do I do? I don't wanna feel anything when she dies.. :(
What can I do now that will lessen my future pain?

Most Helpful Guy

• " I don't wanna feel anything when she dies.."

Be careful what you wish for. I was feeling the same way as you. I was with my grandmother a lot before she died. And when she passed, it was like I felt nothing. So then, instead of mourning her, I hating myself for being an emotionless bastard. Of course, I shouldn't have judged myself like that, but I think there is some value to feeling grief. At least you feel something.

Most Helpful Girl

• Spend your time with her, talk to her, make her laugh and smile as much as you can and keep letting you know you love her. When it finally happens, let her go surrounded by love.
    If you were close with your grandma, I don't think there is much you can do. The sadness is just proof that you loved her and I think that's a good thing to hold on to. Maybe remember the good times and always let your loved ones know how much you love them.
    I'm sorry about your grandma, I hope her days are filled with love and peace. :<

What Guys Said 5

• Sadly, whatever you do won't help much. It will still hurt for some long while. Like all loss of life, you never quite get over it, but you do learn to live with it.

I'm sorry, really sorry to hear this. I wish you well and a speedy recovery when it happens. Bright blessings!

• Thanks for the kind words. I'll just have to be okay

• I'm sorry for your sorrow all i can say is brace for the worst now, I loss my Maternal Grandma it was horrible cause she was like a Mother to me -Hugs-

• there is never away to prepare yourself for it, but at least you know she is sick so you know it could be at anytime. you should go see her while you still have time

• I have a cousin who's going to die, so I can feel empathy for you (experienced/ing it as well), which is different than sympathy which is where you feel bad for someone but have never experienced it yourself

• Thank you, I don't like sympathy anyway, empathy's way better.

• Eh, a little bit of both. Too much o a good thing, is well, exactly that, too much

• Nothing you can do really

• I don't wanna cry, I hate to cry :( I need to be strong.

• Every one cries it doesn't make you keek

What Girls Said 1

• I am sorry :( I hope she gets better. You cannot prepare yourself for such a thing. Just let it be. Pray for her. Be with her. Make her happy