How would you react if you saw two people of the same sex kissing in public?

I would smile in a display of love

Most Helpful Girl

• I have seen it. With men, I have no reaction. With women, I think it's hot.

What Girls Said 20

• ... keep on walking.

• I'm not gonna lie, I would be surprised and I would look at them. But it's not because I think it's wrong or gross, it's just because I'm not used to see it.
    Plus, I would think they're brave, (which is good) since the majority of people have a negative reaction when they see same sex couples showing affection.

• I don't prefer PDA, but kissing is cute, on the other hand tongue lapping/sucking face/ other sloppy kisses aren't. I don't like opposite sex couples doing it, also for same sex I don't like it. Bottom line keep it classy in public. Same sex or not. Lol

• The same way as if I saw two people of different genders.

• I've seen it a few times before. I just continue on my merry way and go about my business. Doesn't affect me in the slightest.

• The same way I act when I see straight couples kissing. Get a room! I'm not a fan of PDA. I don't care what your sexual orientation is.

• "Oh they kissing"
    And that is it

• depends on the context
    a kiss on the cheek or the lips is fine. i'd just ignore it
    if they were making out in a densely crowded area, my attitude is non-discriminatory... get a room

i actually saw this on a train ride home. it was very crowded and a lesbian couple was full-on making out all over the seats. the guy behind them looked so uncomfortable that he yelled at them.

• Depends on how they were kissing, if it was just a peck I'd think it was cute but if it was full on making out I'd rather not see that. Just to clarify I don't like seeing straight couples making out either, not a fan of PDA lol

• With women: Nothing.. just two friends greeting each other.

With men: 😮 and thinking "Did it really just happen?" (Becase it rarely happens.)

• I'll clap for them.

• Move on with my life.

• I would be weirded out. never seen it before.

• My reaction Awwwwww and then continue walking

• Like this

":)"

• I wouldn't think anything of it. It's just two people in love.

• i'd keep doing whatever i was doing? xD

• Fairly normal. I dee it ask the tone so not a big deal. I find it cute like with any couple :)

• I would look away feeling disgust and grossed out and keep my distance and keep walking

• I wouldn't react any special way, I'd just keep walking. I live in San Francisco, so it's really no surprise or shock to witness that. It's not a special event. It's like seeing a straight couple kissing, and PDA isn't uncommon.

What Guys Said 32

• the same way I would if I saw a heterosexual couple.

• Internal thoughts: "Dafauq!" "Awkward" "Don't look, no matter what!"
    I would feel super uncomfortable probably because PDA is discouraged here and we don't get to see it.
    I remember I was in Europe going down the elevator with my mum and the couple beside us started kissing! I was left red-faced, didn't know what to do so I just looked at the lift buttons. Several similar instances during my Europe tour.

• Oh by the way my reaction would be the same for heterosexual couples, as was the case in the lift.

• I would look in the opposite direction because I don't want to witness that.

• Might turn gay also?

• Oh so you are actually gay in real life. Thanks for clearing all that up my man.

• @sluggognatface No, I am definitely heterosexual and I don't know why you would assume otherwise.

• Id be like
    "omg get a room you two"

• Just to clarify Id react the same way if 2 heterosexuals were making out instead

• I have seen this before twice, two women kissing! At first I did a double take, but then it was like... glad to see that they feel comfortable to do that in public!

It is not something you see everyday, but I am fine with it, even if it were a couple of guys!

• The same way I do when ANYONE kisses in public: think to myself "alright, alright. Get a room. I'm trying to use the sidewalk, jerks."

• Same as to hetero kissing in the streets: Get a fucking room and don't force us to witness PDA!

• Not gonna lie, I'd look away if it's two dudes and probably get turned on if it was two women. Why? Cause women kissing is sexy as hell to me and guys kissing isn't in the slightest
    Homophobic? Nah :P

• I'd look away quickly in disgust.

• i would think GROSS!
    i dont really like kissing in public with a girl, just simple kisses

but i hate when i see two dudes making out in the park or something, its just extra gross

• Ignore them and just keep walking

• it wouldn't bother me. Its 2015, people can be attracted to who they want.

I actually anticipate a day where the word "gay" falls out of use and becomes lost in antiquity

• I have absolutely nothing wrong with gays at all, if they want to give a quick kiss that's fine. But we have a couple at our school who literally eat face in the hallways, that's just weird and makes everyone uncomfortable. Two guys, two girls, one guy and one girl it doesn't matter, shit is weird if you're there making out. But why would anyone fine something wrong with just a kiss?

• Doesn't matter to me. If it's gratuitous and super sloppy, I'd react the same as I would a heterosexual couple and hope they go get a room.

• At first, i would be shocked because i dot see that too often. But then i would think, everyone is free to do what they want. And walk away like nothing happened.

• Same way I'd react if they were of different genders. Look away because PDA makes me uncomfortable regardless.

• I don't like people snogging in public.

• I just ignore them and keep walking

• I'd notice but I wouldn't care.

• Depends which sex. If it's two girls I'd stop and gawp. Two guys, I'd retch a little and hurry on.

• Depends how hot the kiss was. ;P

• I wouldn't care in the slightest. Be with whoever you want to be with and love whoever you want to love.

• I wouldn't care, but it would be a public displays of affection.

• The same as when I see 2 of opposite gender kissing.

• I'm like... Can i Join? #foreveralone

• PDA is gross, so not well. Not because it's same sex though.

• Go the Quagmire route and whisper "touch... touch boobs" for women and for for guys yell "YEAH HIT THAT!"

• With disgust... just like I would with straight couples. Keep your fucking PDA to yourself.

• I'm sure I have already. They are people and if they are happy then good.

• If it was two hot chicks? Spank my meat.

• More from Guys
    2