Why does my foot keep falling asleep? Any tips for when it does?

There is absoluetly NOTHING worse then when my foot goes numb. nIts all tingly and uncomfortable and it happens to me at least four million times a day.
I usually sit with my leg under my bum. About 8-10 minutes later, my foot goes numb and it hurts to shake it awake! Its also really embarassing when I'm in public or driving!
If anyone knows any way to help, that'd be so helpful! Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• When you sit on your foot or you do any of the positions in the image you've posted you're actually compressing your nerve. If you notice when your food is asleep you don't feel anything even if you poke it with a needle. All of that is cause by compressing the nerve and yes its normal, happens to everyone in certain positions. To avoid this sit in a normal relaxed position.

Most Helpful Girl

• Driving? You're 14, what do you mean driving? xD
    Anyway the best thing you can do is adjust your position so that it's still comfortable but blood is circulating. Your foot is falling asleep because you're cutting the circulation off, shifting your body weight or just changing positions should help.

What Guys Said 2

• Because you're foot is lazy I think :p
    Walk 6-10 steps when you feel your foot is asleep!!!

• Then stop sitting like that? When my feet goes to sleep, I walk and jump on it. I look dumb as hell doing it but it works.

What Girls Said 2

• Nothing worse? I beg to differ. Have you ever sat down for a long time while leaning back and had your vagina fall asleep? Because I have and THAT is embarrassing. I walk around looking like an idiot but it's secretly kind of fun when it gets all tingly hahaha

• Dont drive (at 14)