Is it creepy to send a friend request to someone you don't know?

this guy coaches my cousin's football team, he's the same age as me but he doesn't go to my high school.. we have no mutual friends so is it weird to send him a friend request like 5 months after he quit his coaching job. My cousin found him on facebook and i don't want to be creepy cuz he probably remembers me so should i just leave it

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should do it if you want to. I don't see nothing wrong with it. You don't really have anything to loose sending him the request.

• if he asks who i am, what am i supposed to say

• i'll try, thank you (:

• Your very welcome. ☺

Most Helpful Girl

• So you've talked in the past? It would be less creepy if you chatted with him for a moment before adding him. Like "Hey, so and so! I remember you, you used to teach my cousin football. What's up?" or something like that. Kind of lame maybe but at least you'll then look more friendly, and not like someone who just adds people randomly on facebook to get more facebook friends, to look cooler. You'll show him there was a purpose behind reaching out and adding him.

What Guys Said 3

• I say keep it creepy and friend request him anyways, see if was a definite you like him or if it was just a passing feeling. Worst thing that can happen is he says no, then you just block him and move on with life... but it could be that one in a million love story that will never come true if you don't give it a chance.
    (I'm a hopeless romantic)

• ... no no no...

• if ur hot then it's not creepy. but if ur ugly then it's creepy asf

What Girls Said 1

• I don't consider it creepy at all. People do this all the time. There is nothing creepy about it.