How do I deal with this homophobic classmate?

A kid in my class constantly says homphobic remarks in class. I call him out on being homophobic, altough I try not to, I still do. I am bisexual, so, it's personal to me. Everytime I do, he has a weird look on his face that I don't know how to explain. I think the reason he says these things is becuase he could be gay and feels bad about being gay due to some of his actions: the look on his face when I tell him to please stop being homophobic, and the way he was looking at a certain guy. What do I do? I don't want to hurt him in anyway if he is struggling with his sexuality.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say just not say anything and let him figure out his own life. It may not be his place to call out your beliefs but it's not yours to call out his either. Maybe turn the other cheek and just hold back on your comments in hopes that he'll do the same

• That is a tough situation. It sounds like you are a much nicer person than I am but I would probably call him out by saying something like “dude, its 2015. Nobody cares if you are gay. You don’t need to hide it by being an asshole all the time.”

What Girls Said 0