How can I help someone who wants to suicide?

One of my friends called me one hour ago and she told me lot of horrible things. I love her, she's an incredible girl and I'm so afraid of losing a friend.

Guys please, help me with this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well what you can do is go over to her house and comfort her #1.

#2 is find the root of her problem and talk about it with her, let her say what she wants to say and basically vent out, be caring about it and help her out along the way. Now do you know what the issue is?

#3 i would stay with her AND call a hotline for this. So be with her while she is on the phone and help her our. I notice you live in mexico, so here is the number i found 525-510-2550

What Guys Said 8

• Does she go to your school? Talk to your school counselor about it. Don't try to handle this on your own. You're completely out of your element as well as most people would be and someones life is on the line.

• Thanks, but I don't, we live in different cities.

Believe me, I'm the one who can help her.

• Give her a call and tell her she should talk to her school counselor then and tell her that that person would be able to help her the best. If she gets upset just tell her you suggest it because you really care about her and you want her to get the best help possible.

• We talked and I told her she needs to stay strong, I'm gonna tell her about that. Thanks!
      I hope they can help her at school.

• Show her the mirror of life
    I saved an unknown girl... she was young cute and really upset about her life... all I did was nothing else than telling her what life's actually about 😶?

• okay serious topic:

First off suggest she get on medicine or theraphy. (go see a school counselor or social worker for that) and another ask her to promise you to at least talk to you every time she feels this way.

This is a serious issue and all suicide talk shoudl be taken very seriously.

Last resort:

If she doesn't comply to getting theraphy and on medicine and she keeps up with the suicidal talk call the emerncy number in your country and tell them they will send an ambulance and keep her in the hospital untill she is safe to go home

• She needs professional help. You should contact her parents and school.

• Call a hotline and get her counselling ASAP.

• Help them tie the noose.

• Call the police. Call her parents.

• there is a national hotline for professional help open 24/7 1-800-273-8255. If your friend is telling you about this it sounds like she really wants help. I hope everything turns out okay.

• THANKS! I'll communicate with them... I live in mexico tho, it doesn't work here, does it?
      Me too, I'm very worried about her.

• I really don't know if it works there or not. I am sure there is something similar their.

• I'll find the number, thanks

What Girls Said 1

• I was in the same boat. Listen, you have to call her up and tell her what you honestly think about her how how badly you would feel if she took her life. Show as much emotion as you possibly can. She will feel bad and will think shirt her actions then, believe me. Good luck and I hope your friend's okay.