Girls, what do you think about Southern accents in guys (American southern)?

Most of my life, I had no accent, but my Southern accent has started showing up. I've seen it cause problems for friends and family in other parts of the country (like people assuming they're dumb or racist), but I was wondering if some people actually like it.

Also, can you say where you're from just so I know if certain regions like or don't like it? (Like I suspect girls from the south are pretty accustomed to it). I don't need specifics, just like the state (or country if you're not from the US but have an opinion on this)

• I like them
    46% (11)
  • I don't like them
    25% (6)
  • It depends (explain in comments)
    29% (7)
  • Show results
    0% (0)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

7

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure. I spent some time in Mississippi, not really knowing much about the southern culture and I wasn't a big fan... then again, I'm latina so they weren't very welcoming. I associate the accent with that experience, so I'm leaning towards no, but there's also a part of me that hopes that not all southern guys are like that

What Girls Said 6

• To me men with accents I just can't get into. The southern twang rubs me the wrong way. Might be an awesome guy but Its hard. Talked to a cute guy on gag once from Texas and he was hard to understand and couldnt get into the dirty talk. Need a deep sexy voice. CT is my home.

• I was afraid of that. Although I think it's interesting that you make a distinction between deep voices and Texan accent. From my experience, guys from Texas usually have deeper than average voices. In Alabama, it's a high spread. Some people have kind of high, nasally voices, other have VERY deep voices.

• He did have a deep voice but his accent killed it.

• I'm sure that if in my very small country we have multiple regional accents, that the south would have a very varied selection of regional dialects. Some southern accents can be very sexy, the Southern Drawl...

• New Orleans accents are GREAT! Love em~

• I'm from Texas and I have a little accent but it gets really strong when I get upset at someone or really passionate about something. I think that a guy with a good souther accent is super attractive

• Im from up north, lived ther for 11yrs then moved down south and I dont really care about an accent as long as I can understand you, you're intelligent, and a nice person. A lot of the "southern boys" I have met however, are none of those.

• C going towards A lol

i think im not too sure what a southern accent is
    but if you mean what i think you mean, well its not bad but sometimes i dont understand it all (not nativeenglish speaker anyway so it could be just me)