Would you tell someone something even though you knew it would hurt them or just keep it to yourself?

Like if you knew that telling someone something , whether a parent sibling significant other whatever , even though you knew it would hurt them , or would you keep it to yourself and live with the guilt?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would tell them. In my opinion honesty is more important for any kind of long term relationship than tact is.

Most Helpful Girl

• nah id tell them. I've done this before. i kind of prefer to deliver and hear a more painful truth than a pretty lie. however, when i admit the truth i do completely consider the feelings of the person I'm talking to and i deliver it as calmly as i can.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd tell them, they'd deserve to know it and yeah honesty is important too!

What Girls Said 3

• Depending on what it was, if I knew there was something that would really really hurt them, I would keep it to myself, and knowing I am keeping something painful from them would lessen the guilt significantly though not all of it all the time.

I would really have to look hard at the situation.

• Thats hard depending on what it is like if its something I know she/ he needs to know I will tell them even if it will hurt however only if it something that will change their life I don't know its just hard to tell a loved one something that you know will hurt them :/

• I would tell them.