Should school homework end for younger students?

Some people defend that having school + homework is too much learning time, so younger students need to have some for themselfs. They want to abolish homework. What do you think?

• No
  • Yes

Most Helpful Girl

• My sister is in first grade and her homework takes 15 minutes of her time. And it does help her learn. It is necessary. Some kids learn best by doing things thwmselves. Whrn it comes to math, you gotta do it yourself to remember and learn. Just watching and listening in class isn't always enough. And maybe kids don't even listen enough in class?
    I don't think there should be loads of homework, but some is good

Most Helpful Guy

• Only fundamental homework should be implemented. Any other coursework homework should be abolished, especially if it won't help people in the real world. After all, that's what school is supposed to be about - preparing them for the real world.

What Girls Said 2

• The only way to solidify knowledge is to practice it repetitively. Abolishing homework would only do students a disservice. Should there be a limit to how much homework is given to students? Perhaps. But should homework be abolished all together? Absolutely not.

• no, because homework is good practice, and it reinforces what you already did in class. especially for students that are struggling in that subject. for example my mom even got extra work books for me when i was young so i would be able to practice during the summer or during the school year. i hated it, but i'm glad she made me do it because i'm terrible at math and English; but i would probably be doing a lot worse if she hadn't done it. it also helped me stick through and try to learn something if i didn't particularly like or understand it.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know who is suggesting this, but that's why students are getting dumber. Homework is meant to reinforce the ideas learned from class.

• Some politicians defend this. That it's on school that they should focus on studies, and in house only about them and family.

• There is time for family, i. e. dinner time and "game" night. 6 hours a day is not enough to reinforce learning.

• Homework is fine, as long as it doesn't take most of the time spent at home with little/no recreation time.

• It should end for older students.