Why am I not in school?

A guy in his 40's asked me this, in the morning.

He was clearly checking me out.

WTF! I don't think I look like a highschool kid.

Have you ever been mistaken for a highschool kid?

Most Helpful Guy

• Whoa, big sis. It's even more disturbing that a 40 y/o guy was checking out a supposedly highschool kid. And no, I haven't.

Most Helpful Girl

• I still get ID'ed all the time and have been refused alcohol but no, no one mistakes me for being in high school. Maybe it is how you dress?

People think I'm younger if I dress in less adult clothing. I get carded less when dressed in business clothes with make up on. But if I'm in running clothes with no make up I get carded.

What Guys Said 17

• Hmm, I have been mistaken as being older than my sister before (she is 22), but that probably was partially due to my height and how at the time I had some scruff. I've been guessed about younger and older than what I actually am. I always thought I looked younger than 19, but I don't know haha

• It was definitely the scruff. U look very young.
      16 is the lease I would give u , if I were to guess ur age.

• 16? Huh, interesting. I don't doubt I look like that though. I guess it is a good and bad thing 😅

• The pic u do at least. Not sure if u look the same on real life

• yep... being carded for an R rated movie

• I can still pull off the 16-18 year old range.

• Yes, as a teen growing up was always mistaken for being older
    then i was age 30 i had some girl who was way younger thought
    i was younger guy.

• Was he asking the reason why don't you study? Or Was he checking why aren't you attending lessons? These are different aspects... If he was checking you, maybe you seem teenage :))))
    As for the last question, oh you can see my with a long beard in my profile picture because If i don't grow my beard people think I am in the high school :P LOL And you know I am an English teacher :D hahaha funny...

• I was always being picked on for my height! When I was 12 years old, I looked like I was 9. Those people don't know what Jesus does for people who worship and praise Him!

• When my face is cleanly shaven, I do get mistaken for a teenager sometimes. :-P

• LOL if he asked you why you're not in school he was not checking you out unless ofcourse he was paedo

• Lolz. That's y I didn't know what to think.
      It's great he found me attractive but if I really were a teen girl he was practically checking me out from front to back... gross !

• People say I look like I am 14-16 D: @justbanANNaz said so!

• about 2 years ago i was mistaken for an adult. i was 14 at the time. so yeah, i think i look older than i am

• I would guess 20 at most. But then again some people look different in real life

• i look older now because i haven't shaved in 3 weeks or so. but back then i didn't look much different than my profile pic. but like you said, 20 at most

• How tall are you?

• Maybe it was a poor attempt to compliment you and exaggerate your youthful looks...

• Perhaps. But being that I've gotten people in real life not believe my six year is mine cause I look too young may mean I do have a youthful look. (Maybe not highschool but still youthful)

• I'll have to take your word for it... you must be youthful looking... fresh-faced, so to speak :-)

• If you look like jailbait can you blame him?

• He wanted the V, old crap ask him why he isn't in the retirement home

• Lol you do look young but not a high school kid young bahahaha

• Have we met?

• Desperation sucks :( . I don't know why some people allow themselves to get to such lengths.

• Hurt people get that way. Some people are so hurt and so down on themselves they will sacrifice their dignity.

• Are you sure he didn't mean university/college?

Also, we don't even know what you look like, unless you're Winnie the pooh?

• It's possible he could have meant that. But then again, not really since someone asked if my 6 year old is my little brother (a few times).
      A woman even commented saying she was staring at me trying to figure out if I'm the mom or sis cause I look young.

• No I never have, but I have always looked older than my actual age.

What Girls Said 11

• unfortunately i have

• My mum is 5' 1" tall and 41 years old now. She was ID'd up until her mid 30's whenever she went to buy alcohol in supermarkets and bars. I'm the same height, and it's happening to me too. I'm just waiting for UK police to pick me up as a school truant. I'll have great pleasure in telling them I'm doing an MSc at uni!

• Do you really get hit on so infrequently that you don't know what it looks like? 😕

• I get hit on everyday. I do look younger than my age people tell me. But to think I could pass for teens is shocking to me. He was serious too

• R u lesboam? Because u seem to be on my ass more than toilet paper. Stop following me through my mytakes and questions

• *lesbian

• He was flirting with you what else?

• Well yeah. That is obvious. But u actually do look younger than my age according to some others. But to think I could pass for a teen is shocking

• *But I actually

• Take that as a complement. It's an asset 😀

• lmao, oh boy. i think i may have before but i don't remember
    a few months ago at the eye doctor we were filling out paperwork and the lady said "under 18 right?" (assuming i was on my moms insurance)
    i was like "actually i'll be 21 in like 3 months... haha"
    i don't look my age and i'm sure i often get mistaken to be younger and in highschool.. but i never really know about it lol. there have been times in the past definitely where people can't tell my age. but recently not so much.

• yes this happened to me -_-'

• I wasn't even mistaken for a high school kid when I was in high school.

• No. I am a high school kid.

• Yea I am 20. And people think I am 15-16
    But it s gd thing to look young! Good genes :)

• Yes. I can't help it, either.

• Yeah all the time but I look 16 and I'm 25 so