Are muslims in general obsessed with beauty?

I mean, I am from india, I have seen some really handsome and beautiful men and women from the country next to us, Pakistan and they are the same damn race, and they are such beautiful women in arabic countries and all. Makes me wonder, if they are obsessed with beauty? Even the biggest filmstars in bollywood are muslim lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Erm, yeah, from my experience, Pakistani women in Pakistan from middle class and above do really take care of their appearances and naturally tend to have nice skin and hair. I figured the upkeep is linked to arranged marriage culture, you gotta always look good. To them, face, hair, Pakistani fashion, and slim body is ideal. Women working out isn't really common there, and Western fashion is there but not that much. I don't know about mani/pedis, but they're very on point about face and body hair removal (TMI?) lol and shop all the time. They do a lot to try to keep their skin lighter. Do you maybe find them more attractive, because they're naturally a bit lighter skinned than the average Indian? South Asia in general has such a preference for light skin. My sister put on a more recent song that basically says "black black suit and white white you." lol

Also, to note, Pakistani women in the UK are known to probably be the most gorgeous Pakistanis from what I've heard. Pakistani females in the US vary a lot more. Studious ones and awkward teens look average and don't really care and then there are the high maintenance. Not that much in between. Hot or not lol

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• I am still Married to a man out in Egypt and with not having a lot of money, for they live in a small village out in Cairo, Most of them care More about feeding their families and having bread on the table.
    However, my family does like nice things, like handbags, jewelry as well, creams and lotions, and when they do see a pretty face, they will Remark: Jameel, but not make a big deal.
    Good luck. xx

• I don't know if it's "Muslims" but Arabs and middle eastern women love take care of themselves. I grew up in Saudi Arabia and women there are always shopping lol. Everything is on point, they have their designer bags and shoes they go to the hairdresser every weekend, they get manicure and pedicure they go to spas etc...
    Beauty is very important for us, but I wouldn't call it "obsession"

• Lelelel thats sum REAL hawt stoofs right thurrr 😘
      I gotta kum over sumday.. i juz gotta 💋

• @Keyspirits Hahahha I'm all for it, but not the lingerie please :p

• The lingerie will help restrict this anaconda from going wild so u should be grateful for them!

• lol what? no I am not obsessed. You are tooo generalizing bro.

• what can i say lol, even in india i have seen many good looking muslims

• umm.. do i take this as a compliment? lol.. well obsession doesn't make someone beautiful.. if they are beautiful then they just are..

• Are u BOOTYFUL?

• not really, if that was the case, there wouldn't be so many people who seemed ugly before and great later and yeah, ur kinda cute too lol

• haha.. thanks man.. you are too kind.. lol

• Isn't the entire world obsessed with beauty?

• most Bollywood stars are muslim?

• yup shah rukh khan, salmaan khan, aamir khan are the biggest

• south Asians really like fair skin so by "good looking" i think you mean that they're generally fairer than the non-muslim indian (?)
      well you know pakistan has snow in some part of the region and is near to Afghanistan, afghanistan has snow therefore afghanis are fair skinned in general. and many muslim in india is mixed with persian therefore they have fair skin like their persian ancestor

• Religion and obsession for beauty have no correlation whatsoever to each other...

What Guys Said 6

• They insist it be cover it up so I don't think so.

• @cinderelli @elissadido will y'all juz give in and marry meh alrdy before i go insane GAWD DAMMIT!! >.>

• They're likely more obsessed with the fairy tale of their prophet, oppressing people wether it is muslims or non muslims.

• I don't think so. I can't confimr this from a muslim country.

• if they were obsessed with it... they wouldn't have to cover it up...

• What you say makes no sense, a big part of Muslim women don't cover, and the ones who do still want to look beautiful for their husband...

• The notion of "progress" is very subjective. I don't see a stay at home woman as a cave woman. Plus many Saudi women work and just to remind you, we had women invent the first astrolabe and women build the first still working university when you're women weren't even allowed to inherit.

• @ElissaDido Not necessarily... but i told this isn't going to get any where...

• It doesn't surprise me that region is mostly Muslim. Why does it surprise you.