What was the moment that made you realize you are just like your parent?

Describe something you did that made you realize how much you are like your Mom or Dad.

Most Helpful Guy

• First day as nightshift supervisor the new guy burned himself with a heat gun 4 times and I used my dad's favorite line "do you ever use your head for something other then parting your ears"

Most Helpful Girl

• a few days back, when my brother came home i told him to do his homework but he told me that his tutor was coming and that he wanted to do it then so she could help him. so i said okay but when it was almost 5 o clock i texted my mom because she never comes later than 4:45 and asked if his tutor was coming and she said no, i just thought to myself sneaky son of a bitch and i screamed across the house at him to get his homework out and that he had better start on it now. i was pissed at him trying to get away with not doing his homework but i am shocked my mom did not care that he had lied to me about his homework

What Guys Said 9

• I am in fact radically different from my parents. However it's always interesting when you realize the inspiration for some of the advice they give you. As you grow older it seem like thier favorite quotes become more meaningful as you qualify them perhaps. My father always told me to never fight fire with fire. At first it seems idiotic especially as a young child for two intangible forces to attack one another. However now it makes so much sense. Fire is a symbol for the irrational mindset that takes root in anger, so then if you if you attack with the same mindset nothing is being done to mitigate the situation. It's only you step back and maintain composure that you can properly handle a situation.

• Last week my little brother (age 9) was telling be about some boy at school punching his female friend.

The way I was telling him to not worrying about getting in trouble if this kid tries to punk him or his friend, showing him how to throw a punch by a little sparring session... similar to what my dad would do.

• When i went to italy, for the first time in 9 years, they kept comparing me to my father
    Supposedly we cut our steak/food the same way, smiled the same way, laighed the same way, we even slept the same way! lol! well at least thats what they told me, they even said i had a way with the ladies like my dad, very serious at first and then overly romantic lol!

i realized then that i was so similar to my father.
    although he looked completely different lol

• The moment I realized I'm a stupid asshole who makes bad decisions.

• when I turned the light off in the kitchen to save on electricity.

• I yelled at my little brother for making a mess in my room and realized that I sounded like my mom 😕

• Adopted, haven't really felt it
    I just know that one understands me more than the other

• Never ever ever thank the stars.

• I have not had that moment yet, I think I am so different from them.

What Girls Said 8

• I've never had that moment and I'm very sure I never will since me and my mother we are polar opposites, we literally could not be more different, I can't imagine having anything in common with her.

• I don't know, my mom tells me I'm very similar to her, and that I'll probably get married at 23 like here. Physically I'm a darker version of my mama and people constantly tell me I look like her. In terms of personality I inherited a lot from both of my parents and from my grandmother.

• I have tried my entire life to not be like my mom. Or like my dad. I guess the only commonalities i have with them are my language abilities (from my mom) and my love for books and waiting (from my dad)

• when i started to argue... like my mom

• When im angry im exactly like my father. The whole room would be quite and all the people looked stunned lol.

• people tell me i have the same attitude as my mom
    i've inherited the negative traits of both my parents

• I was working on something and got mad. then I started cursing the same way that my dad does. then it all hit me. my stupid jokes. the way I dance. I'm happy that I did though.

• when i said im real rucky to know a nice guy rike you