Do you ever hate the person that you used to be?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have kind of a complicated relationship with her. On the one hand I look back and cringe, I did some really stupid stuff, and reading back over my old journals I think stuff like 'wow, what a brat' and 'that's just embarrassing..'. I get irrationally annoyed with my sister sometimes when she reminds me of what I was like at her age.

But then I'm also grateful to who I used to be for getting me where I am now. My early teens were in general a really shitty time in my life and I felt like crap about myself and got bullied etc. I don't blame me for some of the stupid stuff I did and said, it was reacting to feeling like I was being attacked the whole time. If I could talk to her without getting too annoyed I'd want to give her a hug and thank her for working hard in school to get me to university, and promise her things are going to get better if she hangs in there. But also I'd give her some serious life advice :')

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• I didn't hate who I was. Though I'm not to crazy about how I used to be. Which was before I started taking my adhd meds correctly. So majority of the time it's all a foggy haze of random events.

• Yes i do! I allowed past experiences to define me in a negative way. I hated who i become, so i had to challenge myself to change. With self- motivation , a lot of struggle and dealing with issues i had at the time... i can finally say i like who i am now. I would hate to have a friend like my former - self 😖

• Nope, i am who i am I've never changed all that much...

What Guys Said 5

• All the time.

• HATE? no
    But things could have changed earlier, not going to lie

• Yes. I was a cold, cruel prick.

• Yes he was a pussy

• Yes, very much so.