Are video games unnatractive to girls?

I like to play rarely on down time but I feel like you should spend your time changing or doing things in the real world not a game. My roommate stays in his room all day playing games and met his girlfriend playing video games I'm like something's wrong so is gaming a turnoff or is it just me?

Most Helpful Girl

• No not at all! Video games are so much fun. They challenge you, they teach you things, it's a stress reliever, they're so much fun, and they teach you new skills. There's been studies that show video games are good for you and they actually make better surgeons. I've been playing video games since I was in kindergarten. I'd always play Tenchu and Mortal Kombat with my dad lol. My boyfriend is a video game fanatic and I think it's so cute. I love that he's so passionate about it and it's something we could do together and challenge each other. We're actually going to play a game when he gets back from the store in a few. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly in 90's many women ridicule men for playing video games and called them childish or man-child. Now many girls are in the game industry, but their overall desire may not be due to actually liking video games. Some girls might, but I believe a good portion are in it to make cash/money. A lot of actresses try to form a nerd fanbase to propely their career (Olivia Munn) by fawning that their into video games.

Even feminist was trying to vastly change about the game industry with her campaigns by claiming games were misogynist. Only to later admit to the public that she doesn't play any video games.

You also have models who aren't doing well in mainstream model industry, who decide to build up a fan base for themselves in Comicon. You also have fake gamer nerds on twitch who don't know WTF their doing but using their sex appeal and playing games to have million of nerds tune in to watch them and get money.

So while yes there are some girls who genuinly like gaming. We also have a good amount who are in it just to make cash off nerds.

What Girls Said 7

• If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you dont. Personally I like video games, and I like to play em. I especially don't like to play them if it's with another guy who's super competitive, bc that just spoils the game since I don't take it as seriously. The world won't stop turning if you don't like video games, so just do you.

• If I had a boyfriend who was into it and that's how he unwinds, that's fine with me. There are worse things he could be doing. I'm indifferent as long as it wouldn't affect other parts of his life or time we'd have together.

• Some people really like that and there is nothing wrong with it, just not my thing. It would start to bother me though if my significant other paid more attention to video games than me.

• haha i dunno i play video games all of the time and just have other friends who do the same

• Nope, video games are awesome in many ways but it's true you have to separate your virtual life and the real world

• No. I'm not a gamer, but a guy who is is fine by me. I'm into nerdier guys so it often kinda comes with the territory haha. I like watching guys play video games together sometimes as weird as that is, I just find it cute I don't know. I'd be totally cool with a guy I was with using it as like a bit of escapism to relax, same as me when I get into tele programmes or books.

• its not they are unattractive but most of them are just disgustingly overly sexual and women rarely have clothes on and their "armor" is just metal underwear basically
    and most games where you get to choose male/female
    its usually better to go with male since the game just fits better that way

not all games of course but most games over-sexualise women and its just offensive honestly

What Guys Said 3

• I think excessive gaming is a bit of waste of time and if you are obsessed with a particular game that it takes away from your attention that can be placed on work or a girlfriend yeah its a turn off

But most girls understand its a thing guys do :)

• If they aren't, they should be

• You're bigot. STFU.