What Do I Do? Feel Like I Have A Burden On My Shoulders?

I'm not trying to be funny by posting that video above. I'm just really annoyed right now, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm 24, finished college last year, after half a year of searching for a job and numerous rejections, I was able to secure a job in January 2015 and now I'm making $30,000 a year AAANNNDD I have a $22,000 student loan debt to pay off (so far I am down to $10,000).

However, I still live with my parents. For me... I feel envious of my friends. They have rich families, so they got to go to college for free, they have better jobs than me, live on their own or with their girlfriend and are living the life I should be living at their age. However... I am stuck at home until I get my loans of paid off, buy a "new" used car and save up to get my own place.

I wish I could move out next year, but I feel like I will be living with my parents until I am 26 or 27 at this point. My brother is turning 17 next year, and my parents don't have enough money to buy him a car (unless they take money out of their retirement account), so I feel like it is my responsibility to do so. Also... I was talking to my younger brother today, and I noticed his teeth are really messed up (he has a bad habit of chewing on things)... so it looks like he will need braces, something the dentist has been saying for years, but we haven't had the money to get him any. So, it looks like I will have to foot at leat $7,000-10,000 just to make all of this happen... on top of me trying to get my life together and do my own thing.

I haven't talked about any of this with my parents... but I feel like I am the only one who can do all of this. Since I have more "disposal" cash than my family since I live with them. I'm just not sure what to do. I feel like I am postponing myself from moving out and living the life I want.

I want to make sure my younger brother has a good life and a better car than what my parents got me (I am still driving my first car and it has left me stranded numerous times). I also don't want him walking around with tacky teeth, because he will never get a girlfriend or be taken seriously the way his teeth are.
...

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0