Are there any stereotypes that you actually believe in?

Do you believe in any stereotypes? Are there any stereotypes that you think are true? If so, what are they?

Most Helpful Guy

• Asians are smart asf but can't drive for shit.
    Black people love fried chicken and watermelons.
    Russians don't fucking play around.
    White people can't jump, dance, or fight.
    Germans lowkey loved Hitler.
    Canadians are typically soft.
    Gay people are funny.

Those are some of the many stereotypes I think are true.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do have several stereotypes that I have observed to be true. But I'd be damning myself if I say the negative ones out loud on gag. Too many butthurt people from that particular country or culture who are too blind to see the reality and are just too damn proud to read carefully what I say. They'd just read one part of a sentence and go on a commenting rampage.

What Guys Said 25

• The thing about generalisations is that, if done right, they're generally correct.

I think a few stereotypes are correct but I'll get downvoted straight to hell if I say them.

• White People Don’t Have Rhythm
    Case in point
    www.youtube.com/watch

• White people are ignorant or in denial of their inherent privileges, particularly white Americans.
    Latinos have huge, and usually loud, families (I can vouch for this).
    Asians take etiquette VERY seriously, especially the Japanese.
    Africans are highly resilient to malaria, but more susceptible to HIV, and are usually lactose-intolerant.

• Not Asian people but people FROM East Asian LOOOOOVE to take pictures. and can be very rude in making you move for one, yet standing in your picture anyway... I have yet to see this fail in all my travels lol

• I've noticed that many of them also frequently use selfie sticks :P

• I do believe that the more powerful car someone has, the more of a fucking douche they are. Can't stand jeeps, BMW's and especially Audi's on the road. Peaces of shit [stops venting]

• There's a reason stereotypes exist, it's because there are people who embody them. They're certainly not the majority, but they're loud enough to be seen as such. I've seen sniveling nerds in the basement of a comic book shop playing D&D, I've seen dumb blondes, feminazis, racist caricatures seemingly brought to life, and the list goes on. I try not to perpetuate them, but there are some people who absolutely do by simply being.

• Yes, quadraphonic, it makes make music that much more interesting than regular stereo, especially Dark Side Of the Moon, just adds more depth to the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVg-w7BjeCY

• Stereotypically I find that naughty girls like to be spanked! Who'd a thunk?

• I feel bad for it but I do believe Asians are worse at driving than other races.
    Almost every car accident me and my family have been in has been an asian's fault.

My mom got crashed into by an Asian that ran a red light.
    Then she ran over an Asian on a bike cause the Asian was on the wrong side of the street and somehow didn't see a bigass van pulling out.
    I've been hit by Asians with their cars twice and avoided being hit by a lot more.
    And I don't know if my sister just has bad luck or something but she's been close to crashing Asians a lot of times.

• -GASP- yes.

• How about ladies always saying "shall WE go to the room, Martha?"...

• I believe Asian people r smart

• I can't think of any off hand.

• Puerto ricans are assholes<--- this is true I live here

• I believe in the stereotype that all people who believe in stereotypes are narrow-minded idiots.

• Black men and their penises

• Yes, the people working at the DMV/RMV are inhuman.

• Most stereotypes are true.

• Stereotypes about Indians are all true

• Yes, most voting Republicans in the US are complete idiots.

• Asians do study and practice hard, black men favour white women the most, asiasn like white women, being only nice doesn't pay or usually work,

• black people can't swim

• I think stereotypes exist for a reason, and most stereotypes tend to convey a profound truth of some sort. Instead of rejecting stereotypes, I think we should look more carefully about the meanings contained in them.

• yes, that they are born from prejeducie...

• @mexborough No, actually they are the result of years of observation. There is hardly a stereotype that does not at least have some truth in it. Of course, they are generalizations, so they are not meant to apply to everyone. But on the whole, as a group, I think they often manage to encapsulate some general truth.

• Yes, I believe in the Women want tall, dark, and handsome stereotype.

• True stereotypes are called characteristics. A stereotype is something which doesn't fit all the members of the class it purports to describe. A stereotype is more or less 'true' depending on how often it fits. For example, women are weaker than men is a stereotype since there are many women who are stronger than some men but it's a stereotype which is largely true. only the strongest 25% of women are as strong as the weakest 25% of men.

What Girls Said 5

• Stereotypes come from some kind of truth. Not all people fit into them but a large enough amount sometimes does.

Also it makes me think of this song. :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCgx8zM3woQ

• When you lie, it always turns back on you, sooner or later...

• Asians drive Toyota or Honda in Canadia

• Asians are rude and black people love basketball

• People say there is some truth to stereotypes. Well I believe that all men only want sex is true. Even the nice set guy can end up cheating if presented with the right woman.

• *the nicest man

• And all women want is a man with money and a big dick.

• @xelebrum he still has to be attractive though