All I ask for is a normal life?

I can't deal with it anymore, since I was a newborn I had several problems with my health and I've always been taking a lot of medicine which do not allow me to do plenty of things I want to do and the health problem I have doesn't allow me to do a lot of things either. I want to be like the normal kids. I want to drink alcochol, I want to stop taking these fucking disqusting medicine, I want to stop being afraid of having to worry everyone when I get sick. I want to stop being the one that everyone pities when they find out what I have been through. I don't want scars of surgeries on my body and be afraid all the time that nobody will like me because of that. I cannot deal with all those things. And I want my self esteem back with my health! Why can I not have those simple things in my damn life? Is being normal too much to ask?

Most Helpful Guy

• Can you tell us what the problem is? I have an idea from what you've said.

Don't worry about alcohol. It's over-rated by most people who want to look cool, but aren't necessarily cool. Don't worry about scars! For the last 5 1/2 weeks now, I have two 5cm ones and one biggie at 15cm. I just got to get on with it. I feel better than I've done for maybe 3-4 years.

Just having an illness is so tiring on it's own, without even considering the symptoms you have. It might be bloating, pain, weakness, fatigue. They never seems to let you have a rest from them.

I'm always about GAG if you feel that talking more would help. I don't know if you can PM me, but if so, feel free.

• The thing I was born with, I don't want to talk about. Because of that both of my kidneys stopped working and I made a transplantation in 2007. I don't want to look 'cool' I want to be able to get a drink and enjoy it without the fear that this will cause something negative. I have 5 scars on my belly, one on my foot and one near my neck. They're pretty obvious ones, except the one on my foot.
      They never really let me rest indeed, and the anxiety that this responsibility of keeping myself healthy and do everything right so I won't worry anyone... is... horrible. There are way more things than what I mentioned in the description; but I don't want to mention them.

My parents are so worried about my health that they don't want me to leave the house for 5 days.

Thank you so very much for your comment thought; seeing some nice & caring people every now and then is mood-lightning :)

• Thank you so much, you put a smile on my face. My heart cracked a bit when you said "I can understand what you're going through. It means a lot. Thanks again. :)

• You are always most welcome! Take care, stay safe! I am always here!

Most Helpful Girl

• I might suggest googling support groups of kids with your disorder. You can make friends and see how they deal with your reality. It will also help you understand that you aren't alone in this world :)

• What I was born with doesn't even exist on the internet from what I've searched and it's the reason why I got my next health problem so I don't think that I can find people like that anywhere. Thank you for the comment though :)

What Guys Said 7

• There is no such thing as normal. It sounds like you are in a similar situation to my girlfriend. She is Deaf, has fibromyalgia, usually has at least one grand mal seizure a year. She has had more than 20 brain surgeries in her life and her mother has PTSD from raising the girl. She has chronic headaches to the point that they get so bad sometimes she hope for a seizure so the pain will stop for a moment. She also takes more medications than anyone I have ever met younger than 70.

She is also brilliant, beautiful, the most empathetic person I have ever met and an incredible pianist despite the fact that she is deaf. She has an amazing outlook on life and because of this she has some of the best friends a person could ask for.

My point is that “normal” does not exist, but having a good life is not that hard to find.

• Everyone has problems in their lives it's just that most of us are good at hiding them. Normal isn't a good word to use cause that would mean everyone's life is the same. If you just stay positive and live your live to the fullest then you'll see how awesome your life could be.

• Do you have friends and do you date? I was thinking mabye if you don't it angers you that your health affects having a social life. I can sympathize.

I have social anxiety and that has been negative to any normal life for me. I've been called ugly because I'm really thin for a guy. Put these two issues together and I don't have a life sometimes I think about suicide because I try and accomplish nothing but being alone. 😭

• Yes, I have some friends and some acquaintances that I like being around. I am not dating though, not interested at the time. I have social anxiety too, I can't stop being 'afraid' of what people think of me and such.. I always feel like I'm making mistakes. And about you being ugly... I'll tell you what, I have a sister that looks like a model and a beautiful best friend. Who do you think people notice? Plus I've been called worse than ugly :D I've been called an alien ones and I've been told that I am a nothing compared to my sister. Ouch.
      Suicide is never the answer thought If you need any kind of help I'd suggest you visit a site called 7 cups of tea. It can be really helpful sometimes. But really though, don't be silly, don't take your life. Even I would never do that.

• No such thing as normal. Instead of looking outwardly to define yourself try looking inwards. When you do you everything else will fall into place.

• That depends on your medical condition.

• It's okay :D

• Your situation may be uncommon but I would say it is still worth living like that. Your life is still better than how other children in the world are suffering. This is cliché but count your blessings and cherish them.

What Girls Said 2

• Health issues r things u can't control. But if u change the thing u CAN control u can improve ur quality of life...

• Well no one said life was easy, you gotta make the best of it with what you have.