How did Harry Potter manage to not Avada Kedavra himself after the Battle of Hogwarts?

Think about it. Every good that happened to him was either taken away or lead him to another traumatizing experience. His parents were killed by fucking Voldemort and he tried to kill him as a baby, all because his dad's idiot "friend" betrayed them. He was taken to the house of his inferiority complex aunt who is married to a pig hates him because she desperately wants to be a witch and hates her suburban life. They fucked up his childhood. Then a giant guy with a flying motorcycle showed up and told him he's a wizard. Before the age of 17, he escaped death countless times, the most feared wizard on Earth got into his brain, he was bullied by Snape and Draco all through his school years, he killed multiple giant things, found out the mass murderer that everyone was looking for was actually the person who cared about him the most on Earth and didn't even get to spend time with him because the stupid fucks didn't believe Voldy was coming back and he had to be in hiding, then realized he killed Sirius because he couldn't think of using the mirror he gave him. I hated him so much while reading that page. That realization alone would make me jump out of the window if I was Harry.

Everyone always tried to fuck with him, he lost everyone he loved and mostly saw either their deaths or corpses. Most of them died directly because of him. Poor Teddy has no parents. Even fucking Lavender Brown was killed. I'm refusing to believe his mental health remained %100 after going through this while growing up.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Every survivor of that battle is going to suffer some major PTSD I think. He had his best friends, and Ginny though. And he needed to make sure Teddy had a better childhood than he did and knew how brave and heroic his parents were

What Guys Said 3

• Plot ex machina.

• He still had most of his friends and his lover...

• Because JK Rowling had to make him super special otherwise the entire series would have been shit.

What Girls Said 4

• I guess that's just how most books work, you have some insanely strong protagonist who goes through life's horror story but gets by all right in the end.
    by the way, thanks for asking a Harry Potter question, that's my favorite series! :)

• He lost everyone he loved? I think you're forgetting Ginny, Ron, Hermione, the rest of the Weasley's, Hagrid. Not to mention his kids.

• Yep, but pretty much everyone else is dead.

• So? The people who he loves the most are still alive. The Weasley's were like his real family. He's a strong person and that's why he didn't kill himself. Luckily people can survive and find happiness despite going through great losses. Harry is an example of that and I hope that anyone who is suicidal/going through depression or great loss can learn something from his story. As Dumbledore himself said: happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

• Wow, that makes sense actually.

• Well he did have Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Dumbledore and countless others to support and help him along the way.

• Dumbledore didn't make it to the last book

• The nerd level in this post is crazy.