Do you think you're a good cook?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a professional but I think for being an amateur, I'm quite good. My parents both cook a lot themselves and especially my dad is very talented at it. My mom is great because she can cook extremely fast. It's really crazy... she can literally make a warm meal with different components such as meat, pasta and veggies within 15 minutes. I have no idea how she does that (she's also extremely fast with pretty much everything else she does in life). My dad on the other hand is a very slow person but he's a foodie and likes to constantly try out new things and make new culinary experiments. Sometimes on the weekend he stands in the kitchen for 3 or 4 hours at a time. From him I got my love to experiment and improve myself in the details. However, there are also things I'm not good at, namely those things that I eat very rarely. For example I hardly ever eat soup, so I don't know how to make a good soup (or stew for that matter, in German we consider soups and stews the same thing).
    But yes, eating well and cooking well are important to me. Cooking and baking are one of my biggest hobbies. I like to cook to relieve stress and forget about work I have to do for example. Good food is also one of the things I spend the most money on. I don't care about going to clubs or bars and I hardly ever buy new clothes but I want to eat kinda fancy despite being a poor uni student ;-).

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be the Chef of the century when I got out of school, @BreatheMe I could Not even boil water when I lived under mom's roof, but in my own damsel domain, Nothing would stop me from using the stove and the drain.
    I taught myself many delicious recipes, would cook up a storm for everyone from soup to nuts.
    However, my Interests changed when I became very involved in my Writing and even Now... I do not like to pick up a pot unless it is Pot Luck.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 15

• I have been cooking most of my life. started as a little kid sitting on the counter helping my mom peel carrots. I am not a professional chef or anything but I can make most things from cookies and cakes to home made pizza, and some bomb ass soup.

• d00d im alright :P

• i do. it's been confirmed by those I cook for

• yea I do. Its not very difficult to have about 5 or so go to gourmet dinners and a couple handfuls of daily meals.

• Not really, I'm only okay at steaming fish, baking some stuff and stir frying. :x
    I'm open to learning, but only if I learn with a love.

• Well... Here's what happens when I do.
    www.lukuluku.net/.../house-fire.jpg

• I am great with a packet and a microwave!

• I don't know tbh but my friends says that my cooking is impressive... so I guess I can impress some people😊💐
    What about you?

• nope, I'm quite bad but it's enough to survive. but only because I rarely cook. I'd like to get better and I think I have the talent to be decent at it, but I need more time. currently I have to eat in the canteen

• Only on a few select dishes.

• yes, i am a very good chef

• no that's why i got a women...

• I am above average. All of my friends love when I cook, so I take that as a good thing

• yes, i am.

• I've worked as a cook in some Restaurants. So yes I do :)

What Girls Said 12

• Uh, no.

No question. My boyfriend is the cook in our relationship. We cook together. Which means that I mess things up and he goes around trying to save them before they become poisonous.

• Not yet!!! I know a few simple things, I do bake some complicated cakes and tarts but other than that I'm average. But I'm planning to learn from my Mama before getting married.

• i guess am just alright at cooking

• Lol, naw man. I suck at cooking. Can't cook for shit.

• Yes, yes I am!

• I've always enjoyed cooking and while living away from home I've been cooking for my roommates and a couple of other friends as well so my skills have improved. There's 4 people in my room and 4 guys next door and have a lot of people with different backgrounds so what we have is a menu board, they write down what they want and recipe, buy the ingredients, label them and place them in fridge and I'd make it for them.

• I'm good at cooking burnt food. So yeah, I'm pretty much a master chef at this point.

• I feel like I have it in me to be a cook because my mom is awesome. Its just one of those things I just believe I'm going to be good at. I'll just hide the burnt parts :)

• Im a good cook

• I think I'm decent

• No, I'm not any good at cooking, I wish I was though lol

• No lol. The two meals I can prepare are chicken souvlaki and sushi, and that's pretty much it