:) What are your thoughts on Skype?

Like, giving it to someone you met online? Could it be worth it? I don't want to see naked dudes on the screen when I try to chat with someone.. and that's usually what happens to my friends.
So, yeah, can it be worth it, can you actually develop a friendship with someone over Skype? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep, I have skyped with some other GAGers before (just audio so far though. We may do video one day but who knows). The point is, you develop a friendship with someone over Skype.

However, I would try and screen them first. I used GAG and kik group chat to get a feel for the people before going to do something like Skype. I would suggest meeting the people you want to Skype with online, getting a feel for their personality and stuff after some chatting, then Skype. I'm sure there are some people that like to try and pose as a non dick-out guy before hand and then surprise you, but this way will at least weed out some of them.

What Guys Said 11

• I think it's a shitty peace of software but I guess that's not what you meant lol.

I personally don't use it much and I have almost only my friends added. You can develop friendship over the internet, if you do it via Skype, FB, kik, or whatever platform doesn't really matter. I personally wouldn't have too much of a problem adding someone from GAG in Skype if I think he/she is nice. of course if you add someone you have never seen before, then you risk to get a bad surprise, especially as a girl lol.
    I think if you are interested in that person and both of you prefer using Skype, then it can be definitely worth it. On GAG I'd start using private messages first and if they are nice you can change to something more convenient.
    I can't talk for other people but should we ever end up in Skype or just private messaging here... I won't send any unwanted dick pics, promised :p

• Yeah why not? There's a lot you get to know about a person over Skype. Especially if they're shy you'll know it when start talking to them. Also you can tell if the other person has the same high and interested in talking because you get to see their facial expressions so yeah. Skype could solve a lot of mysteries about a person.

• Yeah, i got a sixth sense usually makes hesitant to go on Skype
    especially if a girl never will send a real picture and hide behind a avatar
    makes me wonder what other things she's hiding.

• I like Google Hangouts way better

• I wouldn't do it.

• Can't you control who you Skype with?

It's not random, is it?

• Yeah you can as long as you both understand the friendship. Wanna Skype?

• I like Skype, it's easy and as I'm a guy I'm not exposed to dicks.

• I think its great to make friends online, and there's not much dangerous on skyping with someone.
    Its just that not many people are open for it.. unfortunately.

• I enjoy Skype chat with girls

• You dumb girls.

Willing to give contact info to a random person online, but get "scared of strangers" in real life -- who are far less likely to be a threat to you.

smfh

What Girls Said 8

• I only Skype with my besties. <3 The people I've met in person. I don't really like talking to people that I haven't met in person and developing a friendship with them. I have bad social anxiety and anxiety in general and I would get anxious knowing that I haven't met the person outside of a computer screen.

• I prefer Viber over Skype. Skype was better before it was bought by microsoft. Microsoft sucks at everything literally... and everything they buy they make it suck.

Anyway, when meeting people online try not to get carried away with your feelings/emotions and before things start to get serious make sure the person you're talking with is being honest with you... such as using cam to verify it's not some old dude or that he's not married or a psycho... etc... I mean in real life as it is, we never get to truly know someone, so on the internet it's that much more scary... so make friends but just be careful! :]!

• and though i said i prefer viber, if you're gonna talk to people online, I suppose Skype is the better way to go since viber requires your phone number to be visible... and you dont' want to share that type of information "YET"... *just wanted to add that*

• Tread with caution. I wouldn't give my Skype to someone, unless I've been talking to him via messages for a while.

• I have it, but I don't add people I know in RL to it. For me it's more for keeping in touch with people, that I'm already friends with, that don't live close to me. Well.. My brother is the exception, he doesn't live that far away he just likes to call sometimes. lol

• I use Skype to talk to my boyfriend (long-distance) nearly everyday. It's a very useful tool to keep in touch with people from far away.

• Ehh. I mostly use the facebook video if i wanna video chat.

• Just for friends and family but its a pain to use sometimes :P

• I like feeling that you can connect with someone that's far away from you.