Have you shot a gun before?

I never had and never will I don't know how to use one! :P

• Yeah!
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I've known how to shoot for years, shot multiple firearms ranging from sidearms to assault weapons, though my knowledge of projectile weapons isn't isolated to guns, I know how to shoot bows and cross bows as well, and I'll shoot more in the future either for target practice or hunting.

It's a good skill/knowledge to have for a variety of reasons, even if you never shoot or don't plan to, being knowledgeable about firearms keeps you safer around them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Multiple times. I enjoy it.

What Guys Said 34

• Let’s see, I grew up with at.22 semi auto rifle. Used a lot of small arms as a kid/teen. Military; M16A2, SAW, M60, .50 machine gun. As a civilian again; My AR15, FN SCAR, 30-6. 8mm mauser,1911.

I am sure I am missing some but I never did get the chance to fire a MK19, or a minigun. Both are on my bucket list.

• I see. Well you should be able to tell by the magazines he uses for the SCAR. It's a 16S if it uses curved 30-round magazines, and a 17S if it uses straight 20-rounders; 5.56mm/.223 and 7.62mm/.308 caliber respectively.

• @SpecJack it is a.308 that is why it makes my 5.56 look like a.22

• Frankly, you SHOULD. Just so you know and understand the feeling, respect the power, and truly understand the danger. It's NOT what you see in silly movies, and even good movies don't convey the experience.

Marksmanship and target shooting is a legitimate sport and deserves respect. If you don't have the heart to shoot ducks or other birds, shoot "clay pigeon" frisbees.

• Rifles, shotguns, pistols. Have I missed anything?

• Yes, I own a AR-15. My family has several different ones, including a Springfield XD (which is more or less mine since I'm the one that takes care of the most and shoots it the most but I don't own it myself), Remington 870 and a Ruger 10-22.

Shooting is really a fun experience I would definitely recommend that you at least try to shoot at least once in your life just for the experience. Talk about a confidence booster. You will feel and be a total badass immediately after lol.

• Isn't the Springfield XD a striker-fired pistol?

• @SpecJack Oh, yeah I could see how you thought that, my bad. And its a 9mm. Its a great conceal carry gun if I decide to get one when I turn 21 because its so compact, but its not the best range pistol, at least from my personal opinion.

• Awesome! I love 9mms :)

• Didn't do, not until now, but will gladly do anytime anywhere, anytype just give me bullets and the target (not someone), something to shoot at.
    He I did had a chance to hold a empty revolver once! In 9th standard...

• I blew up a mini fridge with tannerite and am AR15. Only in America lol.

Anyone who has fired an assault rifle like an AR15 can't be honest with themselves and think they are alright to be legal in my opinion. Some of these weapons are made for one reason: to kill people worth accuracy and ease.

• No unless you count a water gun lol

• I have, in the very regulated country known as Singapore where firearms and airguns are highly-restricted. I managed to get behind a SAR-21 bullpup assault rifle that was loaded with blanks at an Army exhibition and fired it in fully-automatic. I have also shot with the classic M16A1 assault rifle several times at the range. Only certain people in the Armed Forces or Police are allowed to own firearms, otherwise they are out of reach to the common man unless you're filthy rich.

• Mini 14,, 44 magnum, 40 automatic, other Hand Guns Shot guns and many more.

• Just an old shotgun many years ago. It didn't do anything for me.

• Nah I tend to shoot targets instead. Why would I want to ruin my guns?

• Yup massive light machine guns and assault rifles... got a buddy in the army and he has about 13 guns

• Its fun! i enjoy/miss going to the range haven't gone in around 3 years!

• Hell yeah! It has been awesome

• Trained my air force marksmen and will not have a weapon in my home due to my being prone to being suicidal.

• No and I don't want to :)

• A tool of my trade. I love guns!

• Nope but I plan to

• I've shot an air rifle

• Guns , shot guns , assulat rifles , one sniper yup I did all that 😛

• Nah... Can't really own guns where I live... That's not such a bad thing, though... Too many untrained thugs strutting around guns shooting up schools and stuff

• No interest in guns for I am very much a hippies. They should be banned for all outside of the military/police and registered hunters

• I have, I have been trap shooting and also hunting

• Nope. But i wanna go to a shooting range and learn how to.

• nope, only soft air and in video games lol

• I have a 12-gauge shotgun... mmmn, venison!

• I have a few times. I'm not much into guns. I like shooting bows though.

• Pellet air rifle, yes.

• Egyptian bareta 9mm

• Nope, I hate guns

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 12

• Yeah I've shot a 22 caliber rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun. It was fun, but that kickback leaves a bit of a bruise lol. I'd do it again for sure. I also tried to hit some clay pigeon throwers, i got one aha

• nah never. i dont know if id even do it as a hobby. id rather go go-karting 😎😎 #vroomvroom

• Yeah, riffles lol.

• Take my 1911 to the range on a pretty regular basis. :)

• When I was like, 9? It was only a bb gun though.

• Yes I was 12 years old at my first time. I also plan to get a conceal carry permit when I turn 21

• No but my brother tried to get me to shoot with a rifle.. It was so heavy!

• am I going to jail if I say I have? LOL

• I have, like twice I think

• Nope, I've never used one.

• Look at all those e stats

• My uncles and cousins do a lot of hunting and they offered me the opportunity, but I didn't do it. I've never held a gun, much less know how to use one...