I was told I was racist today?

I find all men and women attractive except black men. When I was confronted of being racist I said I like black women, just not the guys. Is that weird, or how would you define that?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a preference. That's not racism. I'm less attracted to black people because I'm a white person in a white society, does that make me racist? I don't treat people of a different race any different than people of my own.

Most Helpful Girl

• most people don't know how to use the term 'racist'
    a racist is someone who acts and believes that one race is superior to all the others
    you just have a preference

• I agree. People use that word way too loosely these days.

• I certainly don't think they're inferior. I respect them just as much as anyone else. Just not attracted

What Guys Said 16

• Maybe you phrased it in a wrong way.

You can say it two different ways and receive different responses.

I'm not physically attracted to black women.
    OR I say
    Black woman are ugly.

Which is not true. There is beauty in every race, but they can't blame you for your preference

• I said I dont find black men attractive

• Its a preference not raciest.

• That's just preference, not racism, unless you're selectively sensitive.

• I would insist that the person calling me a name define what they meant by the term "racist." I would guess that they can't really define the term in any meaningful way.

• You damned racist! why you don't like like me?
    Jk, it's just your preference who cares ;)

• Personal choice? Your right to be attracted to whomever you like? Free choice?

• It's called race preference not a racism

• There is nothing wrong with a preference, it's when you generalize is when it becomes racist. To say "I don't find dark skinned men attractive" is not racist to say "I think all black guys do _____ so I won't date them is"

• That's like saying you hate all fruits but love apples. That's really weird if you ask. And why don't you find black men attractive? Outta curiosity.

• I never said I dislike blacks. I said I don't find black me attractive but I do like the women. Why? Beats me but my suspicion is that I saw a porno once and the guys dick was so black it was purple and shiny. Just turned me off.

• It's not only that but facial features too. I dunno, I feel bad but I'm just not attracted

• Then your racist.

• noun
    noun: racist; plural noun: racists
    1.
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    synonyms: racial bigot, racialist, xenophobe, chauvinist, supremacist More
    adjective
    noun: racist; plural noun: racists; adjective: racist
    1.
    having or showing the belief that a particular race is superior to another.
    "we are investigating complaints about racist abuse at the club"

• What race are you to begin with?

• you like brown (Indian) guys?

• Its kinda racist to call a race unnatractive but that's your preference I guess.

• Eh, I like the women.

• but your saying the women are more attractive than the men. racist and sexist

• I am confused by your statement. So then having a sexual preference is sexist? @SHN1234

• Your racist you think black men are inferior

• It would just make me think you're a lesbian

• Well I never heard of someone being racist by not liking one of the other sexes in that race, that's a little different

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't announce that if I were you. No having a preference isn't really racist but at the same time saying "I don't date black men" to another person is racist especially in front of black men. Most people keep their prefernces (even if it's exlusive because only dating Asians, blacks, white or Hispanics can come off as a fetish) to themselves. Do you understand this?

• The person that downvoted obviously didn't read my first sentence, and to clarify that I meant that you can't change how people view your preferences yet your free to have your own.

• I didn't. I was asked.

• You said it wrong dude lol use a better choice of words and people won't throw racist at you.

• You dislike blqck men or just find them unattractive? If you dislike them brcause they are black, that is racist. If you find them unattractive it's a preference and a bit racist. If you don't generally find their facial features attractive, that is just a preference. However not all black people look the same. So you propably find them unattractive just because they are black.

• I've never met one I found attractive but I think most are fun to hang out with.

• Then you are not racist. Because you don't think you are better than them and you are willing to be friends with them. Maybe it's tiny bit racist... ish or shallow that you don't find them attractive or dateable but you choose who you wanba date. Do what you want xD